Answer
juicie4jen
Accepted Solution
liquid foundation under/on top of powder foundation??
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hello beauties!! Ok so i have been wearing a liquid foundation under powder foundation (both by Laura Mercier)...and idk why this just dawned on me but that seems a little too heavy/too much makeup no? I just thought i would have/get more coverage...but doesn't seem like it! How come my pores and few spots are not covered ? hmmm maybe because of this, my skin/i look older??

i guess what i was asking was....if i am using a powder foundation (like LM), is there a need to use a liquid foundation too? or can/do i just use powder foundation? Also, for ladies that use liquid foundation, what do ya'll apply after? just loose/pressed powder and then ur set to go??

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
mztle
Answered

when I don't want my makeup too heavy, I use either liquid or powder. The only time I use powder and liquid foundation is if I am going out to dinner or something formal. I have oily combination skin. When I use liquid foundation, us prefer MUFE mat velvet+. However I do use LM silk creme. I try to sheer it out with a wet beauty blender as well. If need, I will set it with a translucent powder. If I were to use powder, I would spot conceal first and then use a powder foundation. 

To blend out pores, I prefer POREfessional over smashbox spot reducing primer. your spots that are not covered will just need extra help from a concealer or a more coveragpro foundation, you can also go back over those spots by dabbing some more foundation on the spots with your finger. Hope this helps you!

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • waterbaby1981
    • mztle
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt
    • infinitise
    • WhereYouStand
    • juicie4jen