Answer
Accepted Solution
liquid foundation under/on top of powder foundation??
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hello beauties!! Ok so i have been wearing a liquid foundation under powder foundation (both by Laura Mercier)...and idk why this just dawned on me but that seems a little too heavy/too much makeup no? I just thought i would have/get more coverage...but doesn't seem like it! How come my pores and few spots are not covered ? hmmm maybe because of this, my skin/i look older??

i guess what i was asking was....if i am using a powder foundation (like LM), is there a need to use a liquid foundation too? or can/do i just use powder foundation? Also, for ladies that use liquid foundation, what do ya'll apply after? just loose/pressed powder and then ur set to go??

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered

when I don't want my makeup too heavy, I use either liquid or powder. The only time I use powder and liquid foundation is if I am going out to dinner or something formal. I have oily combination skin. When I use liquid foundation, us prefer MUFE mat velvet+. However I do use LM silk creme. I try to sheer it out with a wet beauty blender as well. If need, I will set it with a translucent powder. If I were to use powder, I would spot conceal first and then use a powder foundation. 

To blend out pores, I prefer POREfessional over smashbox spot reducing primer. your spots that are not covered will just need extra help from a concealer or a more coveragpro foundation, you can also go back over those spots by dabbing some more foundation on the spots with your finger. Hope this helps you!

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation