Answer
smartmint
liquid foundation on a budget

My friend really needs a new liquid foundation but does not want to spend alot of money at all. She doesnt really care too much about big brand names either. She has pretty normal skin. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
katie1724
Answered
[ Edited ]

I would suggest Clinique, which is not too expensive and offers a range of different formulas for different skin types. If she prefers a drugstore variety, L'Oréal True Match (liquid) is a good alternative -- they have a good shade range and the foundation itself is nice (oily skin types would probably need to use a touch of powder over it -- I have combo/dry skin and I needed powder to set it).

prettygirlswagg
Answered

oh my lanta!!! :smileyvery-happy: get the rimmel london natural finish tuff! :smileyhappy: its really inexpensive and natural,  and hasnt broken me out, it makes my skin look really nice, i just got it :smileyhappy: it has a little shovely thing that you use to scoop the foundation out wich is nice!

heavenleigh1666
Answered

I love the rimmel 24 hour foundation, it lasts for a really long time and looks great on not cakey and ts cheap.

angelclarice
Answered

Extremely inexpensive - wet and wild mineral foundation.

inexpensive - loreal true match foundation

inexpensive - physician formula mineral cream foundation

All very good and wont break you out or break the bank.  Good Luck! :smileyhappy:

Angelclarice

Beauty and Wellness

thebeautysmeow
Answered
[ Edited ]

Well, I wish you left a few clues to what sort of skin type she has ahaha! But no worries! I'll tackle this problem to the best of my ability. (By Brand)

1. Revlon has a fantastic array of foundations. Revlon's ColorStay is a very longwearing medium-full coverage foundation. Works great on many skin types, and has two version of this foundation: Oily and dry. With oily skin, this will mattify your skin. Apply with a light hand however, too much can look cakey. The dry skin foundation appears more dewy and works very well for a natural finish, however it tends to cling on dry patches. Very worthwhile foundation, at least to try! The only thing is that there is no pump, so pouring the foundation may be a bit difficult.

-Revlon's Photoready Foundation! Some people compare it to MUFE's HD Foundation, but I think they incomparable, however two still very worth foundations. This foundation has a sort of hit and miss between the shades. Some of the colors have INSANE amounts of glitter which is very deterring and frightening really! Others looks absolutely flawless and perform great. The lasting power is around 8 hours or so, but doesn't fade excessively. This works best for normal and oily skin types. A really great foundation overall!

2. Loreal True Match foundation. This is a makeup artist's favorite! It has a HUGE array of colors with cool, warm, and neutral undertones. If you have excessively oily skin, you might want to skip out, since it will not last exceptionally long (unless topped with powder.) However on dry skin it will look supremely natural and dewy. For BOTH skin types however, it provides a very natural look with a medium, but buildable coverage. There is not a skin color that this foundation won't match!

3. Maybelline! Maybelline's foundations are also surprisingly good, but for all these mentioned drugstore foundations, preference is really the matter. All are good a worthwhile, it just depends on skin type. 

Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse Foundation is a cult favorite, and while it is not liquid, it has a very light whipped texture. it has a medium-full coverage. It looks very, very natural and has a matte, non shiny finish. This foundation is best applied with either a dampened sponge, a dense flat-top/synthetic brush (The best way), or a synthetic brush, like Sephora's Collection Pro Foundation Airbrush #55. When applied with one of these ways the finish is very  natural.

--Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse: Like it's matte counterpart this foundation is an absolute DREAM to blend and looks completely flawless and natural. It's another popular foundation and comes with a convenient little pump! It has full coverage and is not completely liquidy, it's smooth and whipped cream like in texture. Looks VERY natural and flawless, and nearly foolproof! This foundation is good for all skin types.

--Maybelline's FitMe foundation: This foundation has an insane amount of different shades, and you will not have a problem finding a match. The packaging is quality and convenient. This is good for all skin types, and leaves a dewy sheer finish. It has a very light feel, but also very light coverage as well. This is great for a very breathable non cakey foundation but has almost a tinted moisturizer like coverage as well. Long lasting, and is great for those with a slight bit of redness.

Good luck to your friend, hope I helped!

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • smartmint
    • heavenleigh1666
    • angelclarice
    • thebeautysmeow
    • prettygirlswagg