Answer
curvygirli
foundation crisis

okay so i try to wear makeup when i am out and about but i get lazy. i have noticed my skin has gotten quite bad in the last few months :s. it has gone from 1 -2 blemishes a month to, 3-4 propping up a week. i have a good face cleansing regimine that i don't want to mess with, i remove my makeup,cleanse, etc etc. . but i am wondering about my foundation. I am using at the moment Mac foundation it's in a powder matte format. i like how it goes on but i know i don't put on enough for it to look good, and too much makes it look cakey so i usually look drab bc i don't want to risk looking cakey. i use a powder over it.

My question is this.. I know wearing more of this foundation will make me look nicer but in the long run i am thinking my face will break out more. So what do i do?

I want to try the smashbox line again but in the past it made me break out with the tinted moisturizer and their liquid foundation wasn't the right shade.

i'm really frustrated and don't know what to do. help please:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
veritabelle
Answered

Oh honey....I have the same problem, and I am 31!  So tired of pimples.

I would go for a Tinted Moisturizer with a translucent finishing powder.  I feel Laura Mercier makes the best.  I use very little concealer after I apply it.  I just put a dime size of the product in my hands and rub it all over like a moisturizer.  Then dab on concealor on imperfections, and finishing powder in the t zone.  That way I am not caked up and my skin can breathe. 

If Laura Mercier is too heavy, then use Philosophy's Hope in a Tinted Moisture.  It is very light, breathable and still offers great coverage.  That was my summer product.

Good luck!

naturalbeauty21
Answered

I have had the same problems with some of the MAC powders ( i haven't tried anything from smashbox except a sample of a primer). Currently, I switch off between using my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (it's very light and does not give alot of coverage,but i use it to set my concealer and it doesn't make me look cakey) and my BareMinerals powders, I usualy wear the bareminerals foundation everyday. Both are very nice looking and do not break me out (thankfully). If i had to choose i would go w/ bareminerals because it gives you coverage (its light and doesn't feel like your wearing it and it is good for your skin). It's not too expensive and it has never let me down. I hope i have helped.

P.s. try washing your makeup brushes more often to wash off the bacteria that gets on it from the acne on your face. it also helps to wash your pillowcases (bacteria from your face also gather in the fabric and can make your acne worse.)

Hope everything works! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!:smileyhappy:

whenshebegins
Answered

MAC is beautiful but it breaks me out even after one use. I now use Laura Merceir Oil Free foundation. I feel as though it is very similar coverage wise as well as color wise. It's silicone free also (silicone causes break outs on some people).

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P109933&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5809#moreInfo

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • naturalbeauty21
    • curvygirli
    • veritabelle
    • whenshebegins