Answer
juicie4jen
face sooo oily bleh!!

Okie my recent question/post was nicely resolved etc thanks all you beauties expertos!!! I tried the Dr. Jarte BB cream for first time ever (never tried/used BB creams) and then applied my LM found. powder (i didn't even use primer and liquid foundation), and omg i got nice even good coverage and didn't really have to keep reapplying throughout the day! butt my ? is, for oily skins, should i/is it ok to keep reapplying my LM found. powder throughout the day? Or is a pressed powder better? btw, i'm just wondering out loud, i wonder why my face is oily but my body is dry?!! TIA!!~

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Yuumei
Answered
[ Edited ]

My suggestions are already kinda mentioned but I thought I would try to help anyway... if you like the idea and/or benefit of using a BB cream I advise trying as many as you can before you settle because there are HUGE differences depending on the brand you buy. (Just for anyone interested out there, I buy my regular BB cream from Korea and it is amazing) but I also love the Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer, and it does help with oily skin as well. Plus I recently discovered the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector and it kept my face dry and perfect all day without the use of a powder or any kind of setting spray! I just bought the full size yesterday. So I agree with kissenmakeup that maybe it's the BB cream you're using... and I also agree with bananachoox3 that you might benefit from using an oil controlling primer... good luck :smileyhappy: (adding this...) I understand your original question... but I guess I thought that if I could help you try to avoid having to re-apply throughout the day that would be more convenient than which powder to use... sorry about that :smileyhappy:  So my first thought would be blotting papers as mentioned by another VIB (because that's what I had done for so long until recently)... but if you want to ONLY choose between the powder foundation and a pressed powder I guess I would lean toward a pressed powder probably thinking maybe it wouldn't put too much additional coverage since you've already done your makeup for the day. How about clear setting powders, have you ever tried that??? For years I have had the oily issues as well and whenever I re-applied my powder it felt cakey and I was constantly breaking out... but when I started using the Tarte BB primer and even better now with the Becca Ever-Matte I have avoided the oily issues and the cakeyness and the breakouts... to me that's a win win win... I'm just trying to help... take care :smileyhappy:

juicie4jen
my original post was:
"I tried the Dr. Jarte BB cream for first time ever (never tried/used BB creams) and then applied my LM found. powder (i didn't even use primer and liquid foundation), and omg i got nice even good coverage and didn't really have to keep reapplying throughout the day!"
so bb cream isn't the problem/isn't the cause of oiliness etc...and i wanted to know what pressed powder is best for touchups throughout the day
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • beautylovingirl
    • bananachoox3
    • Yuumei
    • kissenmakeup
    • juicie4jen
    • mxcx