Answer
vernaajess
do you need to moisturize before a tinted moisturizer?

so i'm thinking of changing my makeup routine to suit the summer heat. do you think it would be okay on my extremely oily skin to just hop out of the shower, put on BE Prime Time Original, Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer, set with Tarte PM20 Amazonian Clay, and spray with UD All-nighter? Do I need to moisturize before primer? And is it okay to just apply primer onto bare skin?

thanks guys!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
jbyrne
Answered
(0) Hearts

The joys of summer, to changing up our routines. I love the summer but its a nightmare for makeup. In regards to your question, no you do not need to moisturize right after cleansing your face if you are going to be placing a primer as well as a tinted moisturizer on top.  A really good primer that is hydrating and is lightweight is the Laura mercier hydrating foundation primer. It is a lightweight primer that feels like a lotion so you are getting basically a moisturizer and a primer all is one. You can read more about it here on sephora. http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P151915&categoryId=B70#BVRRWidgetID  After using this primer, you can just go ahead and use your normal products that you love and have found works best for you.   Its always good to mix and match because some products have better results than others.   I love the Laura mercier primer. It works the best for me in hot climates. Its important to use a primer because it helps the makeup stay on longer and gives you a smoother look and wont make you look oily either. If you are self conscious about looking oily, keep blotting papers in your purse. :smileyhappy:

hope this helps.

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • oliviabt
    • tenngal
    • adrutter
    • prettyinpa
    • vernaajess
    • beautifulbabe
    • waterbaby1981