Answer
maltipoo66
concealer

How much is a good amount of concealer to put under the eye to cover up discoloration? (How big should the dot of concealer be?) I think I am using too much, which may be why it creases so easily. Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
katie1724
Answered

Per Bobbi Brown's Troubleshooting Concealers guide: "If it creases, it needed to be set with enough powder. After applying your concealer, sweep sheer loose powder over the under eye area to lock your makeup into place." (I have used Make Up For Ever HD powder, and it works well.)

The below points are also from the BB guidelines; I just read this myself a few days ago and found it useful (just disregard the parts that do not apply):

• Apply a light eye cream underneath the eye area. It should absorb quickly and leave your skin feeling smooth. 
  • If you're using a corrector, use a concealer brush or your fingertip to apply it at the inner corner of the eye. Continue placing the corrector underneath the eye, staying close to the lashes and patting the corrector wherever your see darkness. Gently blend the corrector by pressing it with your fingers. You're now ready to apply your concealer.
  • Use a concealer brush or your index finger to apply the concealer in thin layers. Be sure to blend well.
  • Apply the concealer all the way up to your lash line and - this part is critical - onto the dark areas by the inner corners of your eyes.
  • Use more concealer than you think you need, and blend it into the skin, using your fingers in a soft, patting motion.
  • If you still see dark circles, go ahead and apply a second layer of concealer.
  • To the lock the concealer into place, apply pale yellow powder over the concealer and on the eyelids with a powder puff.

: )

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • makeupmichelle
    • katie1724
    • ntailor
    • loveee143
    • maltipoo66