Answer
loveallmakeup
american bb cream vs asian bb cream

hello. i have a question comparing the two. for those who have used both, which do you prefer? what is the difference? are they really priming and hydrating as they promise??? thx

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
prettyinpa
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have tried both Asian and US  BB creams and like the Asian kind better, though obviously much harder to get. Of the US kinds, I like Smashbox BB cream as it comes in a shade that is light enough for me. So many of the ones I've tried are too yellow or too dark, so they look unnatural on me. As far as the difference, the Asian kind I tried was of a lighter consistency but still had some coverage properties and didn't look shiny after a couple of hours. It also had no fragrance at all, which I really like. I dislike products for the face that smell, the close proximity to my nose makes them repellent.

As far as priming goes, I still wear a primer underneath since I have oily skin and no makeup will really stay in place unless I do. If you have combo, normal or dry skin I think you could get away with using the BB cream by itself. I can't speak about the hydrating properties since I really don't need hydration with my skin type. 

Hope this helps!

Question Stats
  • 12 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • prettyinpa
    • aviscardi
    • marlxoxo
    • projill
    • bittersweet86
    • loveallmakeup