Answer
jesssiicaxo
Will powder bronzer will blend easily over powder foundation?

I was thinking about purchasing both Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Light, and Nars Powder Foundation in Deauville. Will the powder bronzer blend okay over the powder foundation? I usually see people using liquid foundation, and then a bronzing powder.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
tenngal
Answered

Hi, jesss.  I use Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder regularly during the summer months because it is sooooo natural looking.  It works with any type of foundation whether it's a powder, liquid, etc., formula.  And it works with any skin tone to look like a natural tan, too.  It comes in a matte and an illuminating (or shimmery) formula, but the matte is the one I use because it looks more natural.  The soft matte, silky-smooth powder instantly gives your skin the look of a natural tan.  This bronzing powder is formulated with the perfect balance of red and brown tones (that exist in a true tan) to create the most natural effect.  It blends perfectly with all skin tones for a sun-kissed appearance and the buildable formula allows for a "deep tan" look.  This powder is also great for contouring and you can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P270548&categoryId=B70

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

xoxcharlottexox
Answered
(0) Hearts

I use powder foundation and bronzer, and think it works beautifully. I think it looks just as good if not better than over liquid foundation, because powder can blend into your skin looking more natural than liquid.

Hope this helps!!

xoxo, Charlotte

jbyrne
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi jessica!

Yes you can definetly do this as long as you have the right products and you dont over do it with each one, there has to be a balance. I use both powder and liquid on my face. I use liquid when I am looking for a longer coverage and powder when I am feeling lazy and just want more of a light coverage.   I definetly use powder and bronzer together and it tends to look more natural then it does on top of the liquid. The liquid helps to hold the bronzer down all day whereas powder sometimes feels like you have to reapply throughout the day.  I actually am the same skin tone as you, I assume because I have the NARS Powder Foundation in Deauville and the Sheer Glow liquid foundation in Deauville as well. Its a great product, both are really nice and the powder glides on nicely (better to use with a brush then a sponge). I have a couple of bobbi brown blushes that I use with my powders/liquids and they seem to blend nicely and look nice. In terms of bronzer I use benefit's box of powders in the original pink shimmer and bronze and thats the perfect amount of bronzer for me.   Good luck with your blending, and just a suggestion the laguna bronzer in NARS is really good too! :smileyhappy:

tiffanybt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi jessiicaxo.  It's definitely not a problem to use a powder foundation and a powder bronzer on top. I use the Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup with the Guerlain Terracotta Mineral Flawless Bronzing Powder and it blends beautifully.  If you wanted a more dewy finish, you could set the NARS Powder Foundation with any setting spray, such as the Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix.  Once that dries down you can easily apply the Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder over for a gorgeous glow!

I hope this helps! :smileywink:

brookie673
Answered
(0) Hearts

As long as both products are high quality, and you don't use too much it should look fine. But if one doesn't blend right or is heavy then it may look cakey. Just get a good brush and make sure you use a little product, blend well, and add more gradually if needed. Hope I helped :smileyvery-happy:

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • xoxcharlottexox
    • tiffanybt
    • brookie673
    • jesssiicaxo
    • jbyrne