Answer
Snowfly
Which foundation has hydrate function and works for long time? My skin is very dry.
(0) Hearts

First my skin is very dry, and I can't live without cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer in the winter, if I stop using them for one day, my skin starts to peel, specially in the outer corner of my eyes.

But after I use cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer, I still feel some dryness after 3 hours with foundation and the skin starts to peel. :smileysad:

I just want to get some recommendation on foundation, if with shade color that would be better. Current foundation I am using now is Maybelline Fit Me Classic Ivory 120.

PS: I don't use powder because I think that it's going to dry my skin, if that's wrong, please tell me.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
lylysa
Answered

Look for foundations and even skin care products with humectants, which bind moisture to the skin and helps retain moisture longer.

Search out ingredients like vitamin E, sodium hyaluronate/hyaluronic acid, shea butter, and royal jelly.

Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation and Studio Gear's Flaweless foundation (at Ulta and Macys) have sodium hyaluronate and both allow for buildable coverage and a demi-matte finish, which means your skin will still look hydrated and slightly dewy, but not oily, greasy, or full blown matte.

If your skin gets dry around the eyes, look into Studio Gear's eye cream, which contains royal jelly and is quite a commodity in terms of humectants.

If you decide you want to give powders a try, look into Smashbox's HALO, which has encapulated water molecules to help prevent dryness of skin and it's also super light weight.

Snowfly
Thank you, I'll have a look this weekend
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • Snowfly
    • ShariRebecca