Answer
lorelei51h
Accepted Solution
What would be the best Illuminator to use on sensitive skin (cool) that's not too shiny for day use?
(0) Hearts

What would be the best Illuminator to use on sensitive skin fair skin (cool category) that's not too shiny for day use? I feel like jazzing up my foundation a bit for work and in general. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thank you,

Heidemarie Coody

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
corrin99
Answered

This product is good because of the color and fact that it's paraben and a bunch of other nasty things free.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P259402&categoryId=B70

Answers: 1
lovinglady
Answered

I like Josie Maran but that does add gold slight shimmer which may be too much for day use.  You may want to try a few things.  Here is what I do / have done:

Cheap Solutions

1).  Cover Girl Illuminizing / Concealing Sticks -

Put on back of your hand, really warm it up and then press it into the skin at top of your brow, around your eyes in a C on top of your cheekbones, at the corners of your eye and upwards to give yourself an "eye lift", on the inner corner of your eye, under your eye brow, and just a tad under your noes

If you really warm up this (or Maybelline) in a slightly lighter color it will give you a light highlight onto your face without standing out too much or with glitter

2).  Maybelline (new illuminating minerals)

I just found this in the drug store and use it on my cheekbones during the day.  All over the face is just too much.  It does not giltter ant is not glitzy, but adds a soft shimmer.  I use it on top of my HourGlass Tinted Moisturizer, that also has a slight shimmer.  I have it in pink and while I have cool undertones and tend to look for more gold, this one is so slight it doesn't matter

More Expensive

1).  Any light brand name concealer put on the same way as mentioned with the drugstore will do the same thing.  HourGlass has a few nice ones, but depends on your skin color.  Go about 2 shades lighter.  If it is too much you correct with powder

2).  Smashbox makes a nice product smashlights, both in pink and bronze, and so does Tarte.  Both are in a block form rather than loose powder - does what the new Maybelline illuminating minerals do (but I actually like the Maybelline better...)

3). UD has their own illuminizers, you can take SIN and mix with a drop of foundation to tone it down and then apply as above

4).  Most of the brand cosmetics have some sort of luminizer or face sheen in their line, like Laura Mercier.  LM has a illuminzing TM that you could apply in the same manner as the concealer....

For the day - I have found the "cheap" stuff to work really well and for more drama, the more expensive stuff (have not found the right cheap suff yet).   The more drama stuff really does make it look like you put on the glitz, whereas the cheap stuff when applied sheer enough makes it look very natural

2).

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • lovinglady
    • lorelei51h