Answer
chubuggy
What product will keep my oily T-Zone matte all day? Powder or Setting Spray?
(0) Hearts

My T-zone gets oily by midday while the rest of my face is normal. What is the best product for keeping my face looking naturally matte all day without touch ups? I go to school and would rather not worry about checking my face and reapplying makeup. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
prochristine
Answered
(0) Hearts

hello chubuggy,

here are a few prodcuts that will help you in your quest for a longer lasting matte complexion!

Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15Houglass Veil Mineral Primer

Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
What it is:
A mineral-based, water-resistant primer with SPF 15 that neutralizes the skin, minimizes shine, and creates a smooth, uniform canvas for flawless makeup application.

What it does:
This clean, satin-finish formula helps keep makeup looking fresh and prevents fading. Veil Mineral Primer also absorbs excess oils and minimizes the appearance of pores by evenly distributing light to help hide and soften skin imperfections and fine lines.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Veil Mineral Primer is formulated with naturally derived titanium dioxide and zinc oxide instead of chemical sun-blocking agents. This water-resistant primer is also 100% free of fragrance, oil, and gluten.

Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder - Shine Control

Laura Mercier

Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder - Shine Control
What it is:
A pressed powder that visibly eliminates shine and controls oil breakthrough to maintain a fresh, matte finish with the naturally derived Shine Control Complex.

What it does:
Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder - Shine Control is a lightweight, oil-free powder that visibly eliminates shine and produces a fresh, matte complexion. The naturally derived Shine Control Complex controls oil breakthrough and the ultra-sheer, mint green shade works to correct redness and visibly even out the skintone. It's ideal for touch-ups throughout the day as it keeps your complexion flawless and shine-free.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens

What else you need to know:
This product is free of fragrances and talc. Dermatologist tested.

And I agree with Erik that setting your make up with the Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray is a great way to finish off your routine while ensuring you are staying as matte as possible!  Hope these products help you on your search!

xoxo,

Christine

ChicDabbler
Answered
(0) Hearts

That's combination skin. I've got oily T and dry cheeks. Basically try to use a lighter moisturizer (or less of it) on the T zone and dust/pat on a Matte powder. I use Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed powder (and have been for past 5 years, it does not irritate my acne and does not feel like a thick layer of make up): http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P122748&categoryId=B70

I have light Asian complexion and use their Stay Neutral. I use the pad to apply on oily days, or use a face brush if I'm not that oily for a no-make up look. If you want to get rid of oil without mirror, just carry a kleenex (not the lotion type) or toilet paper then press on your nose and lightly wipe when need it.

lahnnabell
Answered
(0) Hearts
There are loads of different products to help midday oiliness. Powder, mattifying foundation, pore primers, blotting sheets. Here's a link to Sephora's selection of "shine control" products! http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml?categoryId=C8020
Posted from Facebook
proerik
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello, 

To keep your skin matte there are a many different products you could use. As an oily skin myself I would recommend these:

Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray. It helps to absorb and control excess oil. 

Miracle Skin Transformer SPF 20. It smoothes the skin's texture and helps to hydrate and control daily oil. 

Miracle Skin™ Transformer SPF 20

Peter Thomas Roth Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel. 

Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel

Hope this helps, 

-Erik 

Sephora PRO

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • proerik
    • prochristine
    • ChicDabbler
    • lahnnabell