Answer
awzee
What kind of foundation is best for oily skin?

I have oily skin and lately have been breaking out I need a good foundation that isn't cakey would preferr with spf.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 13
makeuptobreakup
Answered

I would recommend using a powder foundation because it will help to absorb the oils from your face and fight off shine.  The best brand for this is probably Bare Minerals--I have never heard a bad review for it!  =)

sherri
Answered

For oily skin, powder foundations are preffered, but the problem here is that you are breaking out, so you might need more coverage than a powder foundation might provide. I would go with Makeup Forever HD foundation, It gives good buildable coverage and is oil free as well. You can pair it with a primer that contains spf or a setting powder. Hourglass veil mineral primer and Makeup forever HD powder are my recommendations.

alicia130
Answered

I'm also on the look out for a good foundation that won't break me out. I can tell you from experience that if you are acne prone, BE original might not be for you--many people, myself included, are allergic to bismuth oxychloride. Get samples of the original and matte formulas. I've heard Laura Mercier's powder foundation is good too. 

a1sha
Answered

I would also recommend giving bare minerals a try or you can also try Urban Decay's surreal mineral foundation. Also to prevent from getting oily throughout the day you can try dusting a bit of MUFE's HD powder over.

jkb89
Answered

As someone who has Acne-prone very oily skin, I can honestly say that Bare Minerals rocks! I like the original formula even though most people with oily skin prefer the matte version. Honestly either one is fantastic!

melalah
Answered

Bare Minerals! It has a natural SPF, buildable coverage (you can do anything from light to full!) and looks great! I rarely break out now and i used to break out when i started using it! :smileyhappy: 

There is also a Matte formulation for oily skin but I prefer the original. 

Angie90
Answered

You should definitely try Bare Escentual's foundation. Its absolutely amazing and it gives you a more natural look. You cant go wrong with BE.

balletgirl24601
Answered

Try bare essentials spf foundation it works really well with all skin types !

best of luck, :smileyhappy:

Ballet girl

triciaann
Answered

I have several oil free foundations.  However, the one that I like most at the moment is Sephora's Mineral Foundation.   Its powder and it is buildable. It absorbs instead of adding more oil to my skin, which is a plus for me as I don't like the heaviness of liquids, or the feeling of wearing tons of makeup.

glassgirl
Answered

Consider a gel-type makeup...Perfekt Skin Perfecting Gel gives a lovely natural, skin perfecting finish and doesn't look heavy.  You can touch up any blemishes with Murad's Acne Treatment Concealer (has 2% salicylic acid).  Then dust over the top with a mineral powder foundation (Tarte, Philosophy and BE are all good and paraben-free) to set.  Go to your nearest Sephora and ask them for a sample of the Perfekt Skin Perfecting Gel in whichever shade works best for your skin so you can try it for a few days and see if it works for you.

Hope that helps.

Glosoli
Answered

If you can, try NO foundation! If your skin is breaking out, why clog your pore more with a foundation? Instead of masking the problem, you could start treating it by focusing on your skincare. If you feel you must wear foundation try Lancome Photogenique pressed powder. It's a nice light powder that will give you a glowy evened out look, and control the shine. I would suggest that you get your SPF in your moisturizer, that way you don't have to wear foundation everyday to get your SPF on, and your pores will have the most possible time free from foundation.

<3 Good luck! I know from experience problem skin can be such a pain. I've been using Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, Ole Henriksen + Clarisonic, it has evened out my skin tone so much I don't feel I need to wear even concealer now most days.

makikay
Answered

I love Laura Mercier's Oil Free Foundation for my oily skin.. it has great buildable coverage. I finish with Cover FX Setting FX to set it.

ssmittys
Answered

Cover FX makes a water based liquid foundation that would be excellent for you. It's noncomodogenic (doesn't clog your pores) and it looks and feels beautiful. Since you're acne prone at the moment, I would couple it with their primer that has salicytic acid in it - this way your make up stays on longer AND fights the acne.

Also, have you considered a Clarisonic? Good make up ALWAYS starts with good skin care!

Question Stats
  • 13 answers
  • 17 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • melalah
    • Angie90
    • sherri
    • Glosoli
    • a1sha
    • awzee
    • makeuptobreakup
    • ssmittys