Answer
bettielynn
What is the best primer/full coverage foundation for aging skin with some wrinkles and age spots?
(0) Hearts

For Christmas I want to buy my mother some makeup, she's self consious about her skin, and I thought she'd like it! Any suggestions?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
honeylemongirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

My mom also has some wrinkles and hyperpigmented sun spots/age spots, and she really likes to use super full coverage foundation, but that's really NOT the way to go for mature skin. Less is more when it comes to foundation as you get older. I say focus on:

1. A luminizing primer, or a line-filling primer. Mature skin has lost it's luminosity, so a luminizing one will add back a bit of that youthfulness.

*** Suggestion: Dior SkinFlash Primer, Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, Guerlain Meteorites Primer

2. A thin foundation that smooths out the skin. You want something with a very fine texture that won't settle into lines. It isn't going to cover absolutely everything, and it shouldn't. It's just to even out the skin tone slightly.

*** Suggestion: Make Up Forever HD Foundation, Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation (if she has dry skin)

3. Concealer will be what covers the age spots, NOT foundation. It is a must for mature ladies with these types of spots. It is also important to conceal under the eyes, around the nose, around the mouth if there's darkness. This will need a different type of concealer, a light-reflective one.

*** Suggestion: Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage (cover spots but NOT for undereyes), Clinique Airbrush Concealer (for light-reflective concealing and for undereye circles)

jaimec14
Answered
(0) Hearts

Mac Studio Fix foundation is a miracle worker! super coverage but not heavy feeling. Live by it!

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • honeylemongirl
    • bettielynn
    • jaimec14