Answer
alliesweetheart
What is the best full coverage foundation ?

I'm tired of buying drug store brand make up that leaves streaks on my face even though I blend it throughly and evenly all over my face.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
prosarab
Answered

Hi Alliesweetheart,

There are so many great foundations out there. And  there is so much more to just having a good foundation that gives you full coverage. Skincare and taking care of your skin is super important. Because when your skin is hydrated, any makeup you apply can last longer and look smoother. Second priming your skin can also play a big factor in how your make-up looks, and stays on. I love the recommendations that Jill and Diana made for you. In addition to that, I wanted to add in there a primer that I absolutely love love, and any chance I get I recommend it. The Hourglass Veil primer, works great with all skintones. Dry, Sensitive, Oily, Normal you name it. This primer feels like silk on the skin, it instantly smooth's out any texture. Now what I love the most about it, it waterproofs your Make-up. I myself am oily skin, and love full coverage, love to wear blush and bronzer. And for the longest time I would sometimes have to reapply my foundation because it would wear off. Now that I have been introduced to the Veil Primer, I don't even need to touch up. If there is a Sephora near by, go in and get a sample of it and see how you like it(hopefully you will love it as much as I do:smileyhappy:)

Another tip I wanted to share with you, is about the application. How you apply your foundation and the tool you use is as important as how you take care of your skin and how you prime it. There is no wrong way, however certain tools will work best with the finish you are looking for.  For example, if you are trying to build full coverage and there are certain areas of your face that might have a blemish or scar and you are trying to cover it up. Using your fingers would probably not do the job vs.. Using a brush or sponge. Where you can layer and build. Here are some recommendations that I  recommend to use to create full coverage.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Sara B

beautyblender beautyblender®, $19.95 - $25.95

SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Foundation Airbrush #56, $32

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15, $17 - $52

projill
Answered

There are quite a few amazing full coverage foundations out there.  What type of skin do you have?  What finish do you like?  Do you prefer a matte finish or a skin like glow?

Some to check out are:

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet

Cover FX Total Coverage Cream Foundation

Lancome Teint Idole

NARS Sheer Glow or Sheer Matte 

Let me know more about your skin and I can better suggest a foundation that is right for you.

xoxo

Jill

angelclarice
Answered

You should tell us a little more about your skin and what coverage you would like to best answer this question :smileyhappy:

dianabt
Answered

Hi alliesweetheart, 

My favorite full coverage foundations are the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet foundation which is super smoothe, matte and has a gorgeous long lasting, all day finish that is GREAT for oily skin types. 

I also really like the Dior Airflash Spray Foundation which is super easy to use and just sprays right on with a buildable coverage. 

And, try the Laura Mercier Silk Cream Foundation which is ultra smoothing and creamy to the skin with a gorgeous satiny finish that nourishes the skin with a classic, natural looking finish.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
melissabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Alliesweetheart,

It looks like you have some great recommendations! I like to wear full coverage foundation myself. The key is to use the right tools to blend the product properly. Also, make sure that your skin is prepped by using a good smooth moisturizer. I recommend using the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief before you apply your foundation. It is very hydrating oil-free and will keep your skin feeling smooth throughout the day.

Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

I also highly recommend these full coverage foundations. Apply a little to the back of your hand and dot a couple of places on  your face and blend the foundations outwards.

Sephora Collection Perfecting Cover Foundation

Perfecting Cover Foundation

Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation

HD Invisible Cover Foundation

Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Make Up

DiorSkin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeup

Use a soft synthetic brush like the Sephora Collection Pro Foundation Airbrush #55 to evenly apply your foundation.

Pro Foundation Airbrush #55

<3 Melissa
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • projill
    • prosarab
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • angelclarice
    • alliesweetheart