Answer
tlw2012
What is another alternative to clinique acne solution and redness solution foundation

I currently use clinique acne solutions and redness solution foundation mixed together.  I have not tried any primers.  What is another alternative to foundation that covers acne scars, redness and oily skin? Please help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
dianabt
Answered

Hi tlw2012,

I have to say, you can try a BB Cream or a tinted moisturizer that gives hydration and a slight coverage to the skin but won't have as much coverage or treatment capabilities as what you use now. Did you want a product to keep your foundation staying on longer, or did you want a whole new product?

A great foundation that helps with oily skin, covers redness and scars would be the Lancome Teint Idole or even the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet both of which are oil free and waterproof to stay on for hours.

A mattifying primer with a bit of color may help you. I would check out Smashbox or Make Up For Ever primers which come in clear or colored formats so you can correct the skin tone (and conceal redness, scars, etc.) if necessary.

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer

Adjust-green which reduces redness

product image

Color Blend-Apricot for sunspots, veins and dark circles

product image

MUFE HD Microperfecting Primer

product image

Which also comes in purple, green, yellow, apricot and a light blue (to add radiance and even out redness on light skin tones).

If you have a store near you try to visit so you can test out each of the shades and see what will work best for you under your foundation.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • tlw2012