Answer
melissapilar
What is a stippling brush used for?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
prettyinpa
Answered

It is used with liquid foundation to give an airbrushed effect.

tenngal
Answered

I absolutely love my stippling brush for applying my liquid foundation and I keep a separate stippling brush to apply my setting powder, too.  The brush gives a nice, even distribution of products and leaves a nice air-brushed effect when finished.  You can find a good one at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=4M5L03UKM2TBGCV0KSGAX0Q?id=P148005&categoryId...

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

tmgood1
Answered

good question.....thanks prettyinpa, i didn't know that. during the winter months i use a liquid foundation, I'm gonna have to try it!  thanks!

tclack
Answered
(0) Hearts

I've been using a Beauty Blender, and I love how my foundation goes on! What would y'all say the difference between a stippling brush and a blending sponge is? Thanks!

kenny
Answered
(0) Hearts

It's used generally to stipple on makeup. Essentially it mimics the effect of airbrushing, because as you "pat" or "press" makeup on with the brush all the bristles dot on a little makeup rather than streaking or wiping makeup on, similiar to makeup being sprayed on (in airbrushing). Usually it is used for liquid foundation or other liquid or cream makeup (I love them for cream blush).

I know some people "swirl" when applying makeup with these brushes, but they are really designed for stippling.(definition: to dot, fleck or make many small touches, usually in painting or engraving). But, hey, to each their own, you can use it for however you find works well! I certainly have used products and tools other than how they were originally intended because  it worked.

maynola
Answered
(0) Hearts

I use it for light liquid foundations. But since I wear a long lasting formula now, using a stippling brush isn't ideal. So now I just use it for blush. It makes it look very well blended

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • melissapilar
    • tclack
    • tmgood1
    • maynola