Answer
pandapple6
Accepted Solution
What is BB cream???

I have heard so much about BB cream, but what exactly is it?? Thank you :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
cherrybombtastic
Answered

A BB Cream is considered a "blemish balm" or "beauty balm." It's supposed to minimize the steps in your skincare/beauty regimen. It's thicker than a tinted moisturizer, but thinner than a liquid foundation. Because it was popularized by Korean women, a lot of times BB Creams will have limited amount of shades, normally like one or two. Since some brands have been imported into the U.S. and has been reformulated, it is difficult to tell how many skincare problems it's supposed to "solve." For example, Clinique's BB Cream is supposed to be for age defense. Boscia is supposedly a natural brand, so there is that option. I have tried Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 and I really like it. At first, I was on the fence about it because I have acne-prone skin and when I used my fingertips to apply it, it didn't look natural, but then I used a sponge and my face looked dewey, but not greasy. A lot of beauty balms/blemish balms are supposed to be a moisturizer/sunscreen/treatment (i.e. for acne or for aging skin)/and light coverage, but I'm still skeptical about the treatment part. For the most part, the one I tried is for slightly dry skin as another reviewer has said under the product page, but I also apply an additional sunscreen with retinol underneath this BB Cream, so I think it makes a difference between flaky skin and well-moisturized skin. I hope this helps and you should definitely go ahead and sample what Sephora has to offer in BB Creams. I'm sure more brands will come out with more. If you are also curious about foreign countries' versions of BB Creams, look through eBay to get a sense of what's out there. Good luck!

Answers: 3
jennylx1
Answered

BB Cream = Blemish Balm or Beauty Balm. It was originally used in germany after surgeries to hide flaws until they healed. Then koreans started using it for makeup. bb cream is sort of like a an all-in-one cream. it's supposed to let you skip primer and foundation and moisturizer, while at the same time being good for your skin. the color and consistency is generally between that of a thick tinted moisturizer and a foundation. right now, bb cream is mostly available in lighter colors because its making its way from asia, where most people are fair-skinned.

jennalc
Answered
(0) Hearts

Its basically a beauty balm . Most people put tons of facts into it but its just simply a beauty balm that helps with your skin while your younger. :womanvery-happy:

bbl3
Answered
(0) Hearts

What should (uh hum) 'older' women wear for blush- cream or powder? And what ONE, only ONE product you would purchase for fine lines and thinner feeling skin:-( besides drinking water. Age 49, yuck....

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • jennylx1
    • cherrybombtastic
    • pandapple6
    • jennalc
    • bbl3