Answer
dodgersash
Accepted Solution
Weird eyelids

I have an issue with my weird eyelids. I'm 24 and have always had these lines on my eyelids. I have double eyelids, but I have these... I'm not sure I should call them wrinkles because I don't have wrinkles yet, but I've had these lines since I was born. I attached a picture so you'd get an idea. I don't mind them at all, but sometimes if I'm wearing makeup for a few hours, the makeup will start to come off just from those lines. 

I always carefully apply Urban Decay Primer Potion Sin or MAC Prep & Prime Eye before my eyeshadow, but it still doesn't work... no matter how careful, how much or how little I apply of it and regardless of the type of eyeshadows I use.

Is there anything I can do to keep my eye makeup on longer without it coming off on the lines?

I mean, it's not a big deal. It's actually not very noticeable, but it kinda irks me sometimes. Any ideas? 

photo.JPG

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
katie1724
Answered
[ Edited ]

These are totally normal folds in the skin of your eyelid -- they aren't weird at all :smileyhappy: Unless you have a certain type of lid and/or bone and eye socket structure, these lines are very common -- I have them, and I would be willing to bet that most people do. I have not tried the two primers that you mentioned, but one that I use (and that works) is NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base -- it really makes shadow stick (I feel like its more dry than most primers are). The pigment adheres to it and (in my experience) is less likely to migrate into the folds of the skin.

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P261211&categoryId=B70

:smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • dodgersash
    • projill
    • powderedpeach
Photos1
  • photo.JPG