Answer
PandaCake
Searching for the perfect foundation...

Alright, so I always have so much trouble finding the perfect foundation. I have combination skin, which I never seem to have a problem with when it comes to foundation. But I am very fair, my arms tan easily in the summer so I was using the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation, which feels and stays amazingly but the lightest shade only matches with my arms in the summer and I don't want to be matching shades just to my arms.  I keep reading reviews on Nar's foundations and Urban Decay's foundations, but I'm really feeling like they're not helping me. I will finally be going into Sephora this month, I am looking for a good light to medium foundation that has wonderful staying power, any suggestions on what foundations I should look at? I want to be prepared and go in with a list of the best and replace the Tarte! :smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
weeeeweeeeeee
Answered

I really like Lancome Tient Idole for my combo skin. It has great staying power, and its not thick, it goes on easily and blends well. AND it does not oxidize.

whiteangelreno
Answered

I like Naked Skin by Urban Decay.  Light, but has staying power.

ballerinagrl
Answered

Take a look at Estee Lauder Double Wear if you have blemishes to cover or uneven skin tone, or Estee Lauder Double Wear Light/or the Double Wear BB Glow Cream if your complexion is pretty great. All three lines have a great range of skin tones covered, and even my super pale friends have found shades that are excellent matches. I really doubt the Double Wear line can be beat in terms of staying power - even if I'm doing  a 20 hour work day in Asia it needs no touch ups. These are really easy to blend (and I'm dreadful at applying such things so this is a huge plus for me). They don't oxidize either.

Another range with great staying power is Armani Silk Foundation. The range of shades is reasonable, so this could be worth checking out, too.

sophiacamille
Answered

I have combination skin too. My favorite is Bare Minerals Matte Foundation. It has SPF 15 and is very light and durable. It mattes my oiler areas but doesn't overdry either. I always buy it in shade "fairly medium" but I think I should also buy a shade darker for whenever I'm a little tanner. Hope that helps!

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • Jessicaclara
    • ballerinagrl
    • PandaCake
    • whiteangelreno
    • sophiacamille