Answer
sephoralover28
Accepted Solution
Q. Cover Fx Cream Foundation Undertones

I've heard rave reviews about this foundation for full coverage and covering acne scars, so last time I was at my nearest Sephora(3 hours away) I got matched with P30 in this foundation. Looked great, covered great in store, outside it had bad makeup line on my neck from it being too dark and just didn't look right, kinda orangey. I want to order 1 or 2 colors online to try and compare, but I'm unsure of my undertone. My skin is light, I turn pink or burn easily in the sun and mainly have some pink or red from acne scars and hyperpigmentation. Would gold help cancel out the red and pink tones? Would pink undertones help blend or just intensify it? Would neutral help neutralize and blend? Any help at all to help sort out my confusion and help cover up my horrible scarring would help a lot. Thanks in advance!  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

It's always important to tell them your gonna run out and look at what they matched you with in natural light. The lighting in stores vary from place to place. I would drop down to the P20  if the P30 is too dark. I would stick with the same undertones as your skin because golden undertones would probably turn more orange. It sounds from the way you describe your skin that your fair to light so I would just drop down to the P20. Hope this helps~

Answers: 1
laurabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Sephoralover28, you want to match your makeup to your undertones.  If the pinks are too pink for you, you can always try the Neutral colors.  That might help to tone down your redness a bit.  Also, you should check out a color correcting primer that helps to tone down redness and even out skin tone.  I recommend:

Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF 15

Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF 15.jpg

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer, Color Adjust - green - minimizes redness

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer.jpg

:smileyhappy: -Laura

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • sephoralover28
    • beautylovingirl
    • laurabt
Photos2
  • Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF 15.jpg
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer.jpg