Answer
lizzytotoro
Powder Foundations

I have always used really light coverage tinted moisturizers or foundations on my face, but lately I have really been looking for a product that will keep my face matte all day without having to use additional loose powders or whatnot. I have combination / oily skin and get occassional pimples on my forehead. When I use foundation, it often makes my face feel too wet and I would much rather use a non-cakey powder foundation to reduce shine. Any suggestions?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
tiffanybt
Answered

Hi lizzytotoro. The Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder with PM20 is a great powder to set your tinted moisturizer. I love that this not only has great skincare benefits, but it also balances your skin so it's hydrated dry areas and mattified in areas that are oily.

tarte.jpg

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Tiffany

dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi lizzytotoro!

I'd also like to suggest the Lorac Wet/Dry Oil Free Powder and the Make Up For Ever duo mat. Lorac is a very sheer and lightweight powder that will easily reduce oil and shine, but  can be worn wet for a sheer coverage, or dry for a fuller and more made up look.

The MUFE Duo Mat is a full coverage foundation powder that is excellent in coverage and comes in a variety of shades that are all great for reducing shine and oil on the skin.

Try also the Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder which absorbs oil and shine, mattifies the skin and looks amazing alone or on top of a tinted moisturizer or sheer liquid foundation. This was my go to favorite lightweight foundation powder that helped keep my combination skin smooth and matte for hours. :cattongue:

Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kwhit
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have similar skin as you. I like the sephora brand mineral pressed powder. It feels light and provides buildable coverage. I generally don't have too much problem with greasyness using it unless I am sweating a lot. There is also a sephora mattifying pressed powder but I haven't tried it. I use the tokidoki buki brush to apply it ( a big fluffy face brush). I can also re-apply with out removing my make-up and it doesn't look cakey. I was much happier when I switched from liquid to power foundation. I tried bare minerals and I really liked it but the pressed powder is less messy.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • tiffanybt
    • dianabt
    • lizzytotoro
    • kwhit
Photos1
  • tarte.jpg