Answer
piratefoxy
Photo-friendly foundation for pale sensitive skin?

i normally use mineral foundation (Everyday Mineals Fair Cool at the moment) but I understand that it can photograph weirdly, so for my graduation I want to find a foundation that's more photo-friendly.

The trick is that my skin is pretty sensitive - it doesn't tend to be red all the time like some, but I do have to be extra careful about testing products because sometimes I react or break out. (And it would not be good to find out mid-ceremony that my foundation was making me red and itchy. :smileyhappy: ) I'm also pretty pale - not  Irish red-hair-white skin pale, but light enough that most foundations look orange or yellow on me. (Or occasionally pink - I'm cool toned, but on the cooler side of neutral moreso than really strongly pink-based, so some foundations for cooler tones just Do. Not. Work.)

I'd ideally prefer a liquid or cream/mousse finish, because my skin is combination and powders can go sort of, well, powdery on the drier areas of my face, but I am aware that I'll be wearing long polyester robes for quite some time, so something that's going to slide right off at the slightest hint of heat or humidity probably isn't great either. :smileyhappy: (It is indoors, but, well. Heavy polyester gowns.)

Any ideas? I think I want something that's a sort of medium coverage but can be built a little as necessary in specific areas. (I use a highlighting concealer pen for undereye concealing, also.) (I love those things. Instant brighter eyes. Like magic.)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
waterbaby1981
Answered
(0) Hearts

Since you mention you have combination skin, I'd recommend Clinique Superbalanced liquid foundation.  I'm wearing it right now, actually, and it really balances out my dry cheeks and slightly oilier T zone.  It gives a really natural finish, but is still matte enough that it shouldn't reflect shine in photographs.  Or you could try the superbalanced powder formulation to make sure there isn't any shine.  Another foundation I like is Clinique's Perfectly Real (either in liquid or powder), because it looks really natural and not like you're actually wearing foundation, but definitely evens out skin tone nicely. 

If you decide on a tinted moisturizer, Laura Mercier makes some excellent ones, both in oil-free and hydrating, which actually build quite well if you might want a little extra coverage, and then you can set it with her invisible loose setting powder.  These two combined are what I usually wear on a daily basis and even wore in my wedding photos on my wedding day in the dead of summer, July 2006 and it stood up to the heat, humidity and tears without me needing to touch up once or powder to tone down shine. The photos turned out fantastic and there was no extra shine on my face! 

I hope my experiences with the above mentioned foundations/tinted moisturizers helps you and congratulations on graduation!

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

When taking photos, there's no better foundation in my opinion than Make Up For Ever HD Foundation which is an oil-free medium-to-full-coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen (or camera).  It's got a lot of shades to choose and you can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P217905&categoryId=B70

Make Up For Ever even has a "Foundation Shade Finder" feature to help you choose the perfect color for your skin tone which you can access here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=MAKE%20UP%20FOR%20EVER&contentId=C19212

i hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • waterbaby1981
    • piratefoxy