Answer
WickedlyAlice
Accepted Solution
Perfect Foundation
(0) Hearts

Help!

I'm looking for the perfect foundation for combination skin. I tend to have acne flair ups on my chin and forehead, these places also tend to get very oily through out the day. In the morning I also have noticed that I tend to have dry areas around my cheeks and eyebrows. Currently I am using bare minerals foundation in fairly light. Also I am using just a general concealer to cover up the red blotches that the acne is leaving. Please help me in finding my perfect foundation. Thanks!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
aheart
Answered
(0) Hearts

I'd recomend NARS Sheer Matte Foundation (I wear Mont Blanc, as I'm quite pale!)
They have the perfect amount of coverage without looking too cakey or thick, and it feels and looks like you're not wearing anything!
Since having this foundation i've found that my skin isnt quite as oily as it usually is because it actually absorbs some of the access oil!
I also use korres mattifying primer underneath on the area's i find that get more oily. it not only ensures my foundation stays on my face, but it also help minimize the size of my pores, and my face is no wheres near as oily as it usually is.

veglauren
Can you suggest a color match in the NARS Sheer Matte Foundation for me? I am between pale and medium skin tone, but much more close to the pale end of the spectrum. I have a lot of pink in my skin and red areas on my cheeks and around my nose. I currently wear Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Powder foundation in Light.
aheart
(0) Hearts

The thing with the NARS Sheer Matte Foundation is that, they hate a colour for pretty much every skin tone. It really depends on what kind of undertones you have in your skin.
Santa Fe (Medium with Peachy Undertones) or Punjab (Medium with Golden Peach Undertones) some of them are so close together its really hard to tell which would work and which wouldnt.
But Mont Blanc might work as well, its a light colour (its not as pale as i make it out to be) it's got pink undertones aswell.
The NARS foundation i found also took care of the redness in my cheeks.

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • aheart
    • WickedlyAlice
    • veglauren