Answer
amoonbeam
Accepted Solution
Oily skin vs Foundations???
What is the best foundation for very oily skin? I don't like to feel like I have lots of makeup on & I have such oily skin it often slides right off, any thoughts?
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have very oily skin, so I know what you're going through.  I have listed a primer and a setting powder, along with a foundation because it really helps in controlling the oil.

The best products that I have found to help stop my extreme oiliness is to apply an oil-controlling face primer such as Givenchy’s Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer which you can read more about at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P231022&categoryId=B70

Make Up For Ever's All Mat + Mattifying Foundation is a great foundation for oily skin.  It's a shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation that you can read more about at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P177117&categoryId=B70

Also, I would recommend setting your foundation with Urban Decay’s De-Slick Mattifying Foundation Powder which is a colorless, shine-controlling powder that comes in a handy mirrored compact so you can carry it with you for touchups throughout the day.  You can find it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P210592&categoryId=B70

You don’t have to use all of the products that I mentioned above because I know it can all get expensive.  I would start with the primer and see how it works, then try the powder if the primer is not enough and then switch to the foundation if the primer and powder are still not enough to stop your makeup from coming off or fading.

I hope this helps you.  :smileyhappy:

Answers: 4
kristy7379
Answered
(0) Hearts

Have you tried the mineral makeup?  It seems to absorb oil much better than the liquid.  The coverage isn't so great though, at least it wasn't for me.  It just depends on your skin type.  If you have good skin (i.e. free of acne scarring, enlarged pores, sun damage) that is just oily you can probably use it.  I have all of the issues I listed and it's just not enough coverage for me!  You might also try using an oil free foundation underneath a thin layer of the mineral makeup and see how that works.  Good luck!

madd44
Answered
(0) Hearts

I agree with Kristy.  Mineral makeup does a really good job at covering/hiding shine and oil on your face.  I have sensitive, oily, and acne-prone skin, and I only use mineral makeup.  Mineral foundation helps conceal redness and shine on my face, while still looking natural.  It doesn't make me break out, and it feels so good on my skin.  Love it!  I use Avon Smooth Minerals Foundation, but I think I'll switch over to Bare Escentuals when I run out.  If you're looking for a more natural look and feel, to cover up oil and shine, I would really suggest using mineral makeup.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

makeupgeek123
Answered
(0) Hearts

bare minerals in matte and theres little oil absorbancy sheets too

thecaramelapple
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hey Girl!

I am loooooooooooooving =) MAC's Prolongwear Foundation. I wear NC42, it's the best, it promises 15 hours of wear and it definitely does last. Sometimes I'm lazy and don't set with powder and it still doesn't move. I have sensitive, somewhat oily skin and my skin stays flawless all day. Only problem with it is it makes some women break out, but I haven't had that problem at all. It's a really versatile foundation.

G/L,

Jenna

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • kristy7379
    • madd44
    • amoonbeam
    • thecaramelapple
    • makeupgeek123