Answer
neko333
Accepted Solution
No Makeup Look

I'm 18 and have been wearing heavy makeup all through high school and I've decided it's not a good look for someone my age. Since my skin has been evening out I want a more natural look. Most drugstore makeup is too dark for me so I was gonna look for something from Sephora. i want something that gives me a no makeup look while making my face look glowy and hiding my minor acne scarring (or at least not enhancing it). I'm fine with powder foundation, liquid foundation, or a tinted moisturizer. I don't like sparkles which is why I steered away from Tarte's smooth operator. I've also tried Bare Minnerals, it made me itchy and kind of blotchy. As for skin tone I'm not really sure my mother says I'm more pink but the ladies at Sephora tend to steer me towards gold undertone products. My skin also tends to have some minoe under the skin bumbs that show up if my makeup is too greasy. Product wise I've also tried Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation, which was to dark and made me greasy. Josie Marans Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation, which again I found was a little dark. I was considering the new Tarte foundation but I was thinking it might be steering away from the natural look I want, though I love products that are good for my skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
waterbaby1981
Answered

If you're looking for  a more natural no makeup look, a tinted moisturizer or a sheerer foundation will end up being your best bet.  I would honestly recommend Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 20.  it won't clog pores, has buildable coverage if necessary, and has a wide range of shades to suit most skin tones.  Easy test to find out if you have cool (pink) or warm (golden) undertones: do you look better in yellow gold or silver jewelry?  Silver tends to look best with cooler undertones and yellow gold tends to look better on warm tones.

Something else that might help with your skin:  Laura Mercier Undercover Pot.  It has a drier camoflage, secret concealer and loose setting powder in one.  (Much cheaper than buying them all separately, too.)  You can put the camoflage on any blemishes and then tap on concealer followed by the powder to set, as well as use the concealer under your eyes and the powder to set your makeup itself, which is what I usually do.  Her concealer is very emollient and only needs a little bit to cover undereye circles.

For other natural looking makeup, I'd recommend looking at a couple of neutral eyeshadow palettes (not just the Naked palettes, although they are very good).  If you want to wear color, wear neutral shadow shades and then add pop of color with your eyeliner, such as plum, teal or silver.  Some other good eyeshadows to check out are Clinique's Lid Smoothies or Benefit Creaseless Cream eyeshadows.  Both are creams and look amazing on just about everybody.  A couple of neutral shades I like are RSVP and Birthday Suit (I need to get another Birthday Suit one, actually).  Other cream shadows that look beautiful, even with color are Shiseido's cream shadows.  They had a line called Hydro Powder shadows that I believe their new cream shadows replaced, but their colors are great too (sephoramusthave usually raves about her color Glistening Sand, which is 1/3 of the way gone, if I recall).

Some of the best eyeliners are going to be Urban Decay.  They're smudgeable and blendable until they set and look beautiful, with an array of great colors.  As for mascara, many people are going to say Dior.  I like Buxom, it does lengthen and define while adding volume.  Buxom Amplified Lash is excellent for this and still looks good.

For a natural look for your lips, gloss will probably be best.  Check out Clinique's Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 line.  Bamboo Pink is an excellent neutral, as well as Bonfire.

I hope this helps you.

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • ssmittys
    • norky
    • waterbaby1981
    • neko333
    • msmoonlight
    • oldfashioned