Answer
neko333
Accepted Solution
No Makeup Look

I'm 18 and have been wearing heavy makeup all through high school and I've decided it's not a good look for someone my age. Since my skin has been evening out I want a more natural look. Most drugstore makeup is too dark for me so I was gonna look for something from Sephora. i want something that gives me a no makeup look while making my face look glowy and hiding my minor acne scarring (or at least not enhancing it). I'm fine with powder foundation, liquid foundation, or a tinted moisturizer. I don't like sparkles which is why I steered away from Tarte's smooth operator. I've also tried Bare Minnerals, it made me itchy and kind of blotchy. As for skin tone I'm not really sure my mother says I'm more pink but the ladies at Sephora tend to steer me towards gold undertone products. My skin also tends to have some minoe under the skin bumbs that show up if my makeup is too greasy. Product wise I've also tried Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation, which was to dark and made me greasy. Josie Marans Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation, which again I found was a little dark. I was considering the new Tarte foundation but I was thinking it might be steering away from the natural look I want, though I love products that are good for my skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
msmoonlight
Answered

Neko,

I have a 15 year old daughter that has very similar problems as yours and she too was wearing her make up very heavy. The secret is you want your make up to natural and not painted on or caked on. I was having problems finding a look and products that worked with Skylar's Skin. So I took her to Macy's ( and what they did is listened to the problems we were having  and suggested products that would work well. They didn't stop there the makeup artists did a complete makeover on my daughter and wrote down not only the products she used but gave her step by step instructions on how to apply the make-up look.

I have a lot of my own make up mostly from Sephora but I was turned on to another company recently  called MAC Cosmetics. The website has actual live chats with makeup artist and the products are wonderful . Just a few suggestions for you to look into, hope it helps honey!

I know Macy's carries Mac cosmetics and the prices at Macy's are the same as on the website. Mac contracted all the merchants who sell their products to not sell them at the  same price as the Mac Cosmetics website charges.  MAKE UP FOR EVER  sold here on Sephora is similar to MAC Cosmetics. I would seriously go talk to the woman at Macy's and see what they say.

Jen

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • ssmittys
    • norky
    • waterbaby1981
    • neko333
    • msmoonlight
    • oldfashioned