Answer
glamprincessxo
Newbie Needing help with Highlighting/Contouring ?
(0) Hearts

Hey there, My name is Megan and I am new to wearing face make up.
Really I just would like to use the Urban Decay BB cream when it comes out, then high light and contour..does that seem like it would look okay?

I have an Olivey skin tone. Im not really sure if i need a certain tone of bronzer/highlighter that I need to use?

Does anyone have any brands/products to recommend to me?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer!

Im pretty confused when it comes to knowing about the shades of things!

xo.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
bananachoox3
Answered
(0) Hearts

If you don't know what shade of bronzer or highlighter to use then I would suggest going to a near by sephora or makeup counter to get help. 
And BB cream would be a great start since it does give coverage and mosturize your skin.

I think you and I might have the same or close skin tone. Im an NC 30-35 in MAC. 

There are different types of bronzer the main ones being either a matte or a shimmery of bronzer. I prefer the matte finish almost everyday. I usually reach for the shimmery one in the summer for a glow. I would reccommend Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer since you do have a olive skin tone. When looking for a bronzer, make sure it is not lighter than your skin tone or it wont show.

swfupload_6784511615143380513.jpg

It looks dark here but it isnt in person.

This is a matte bronzer that contains cocoa powder, making it smell like hot chocolate. I dont mind the smell since the smell doesnt last on your face. 

if you are into a shimmery bronzer then nars lauguna or mac refinded golden would be good too.

swfupload_2203334565171048979.jpg

hopes this helps

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • fuuhouhouji
    • bananachoox3
    • glamprincessxo
Photos2
  • swfupload_6784511615143380513.jpg
  • swfupload_2203334565171048979.jpg