Answer
hollywoodheart07
New at foundations.
(0) Hearts

I have oily,sensitive,and acne prone skin. I want a good foundation that wont break me out and will leave a matte finish on my skin. Help??! :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
zahl123
Answered
(0) Hearts

I would also recommend Bare Escentuals Matte foundation.  It offers a great matte coverage while being oil free.  I have acne prone skin and it has not caused any acne or pore congestion.

silverandgold
Answered
(0) Hearts

Bare Essentuals Matte Mineral Foundation is your best bet!

cristinanyc
Answered
(0) Hearts

Bare Essentuals Matte Mineral Foundation might be a good choice for you. Powder foundations tend to be better on oily skin because they cut down shine. Since it is a mineral foundation, the ingredients are way less likely to irritate your sensitive skin.  I have found that I can use it as concealer for acne and as an all over face foundation.  I also have lots of control over how light/heavy the application is because it is a mineral foundation.  I am a perfect match to one of their shades, but the starter kit comes with two that you can blend if you in between.  It also comes with a dvd instructing you on the best way to apply it, as well as the Mineral Veil and another product that I personally don't use.  There happens to be a BE store at my local mall, and they give out free 10 day samples with a tiny mini brush (not ideal for appliction but works for touch-ups)... I have also seen some promotions on the Sephora emails so maybe if you ask in store, they may have a sample to give you.  Keep in mind that BE has a MATTE foundation and an ORIGINAL foundation. If you are going for a matte look, you must be sure to get the matte, NOT the original.

golightly120
Answered
(0) Hearts

HI! Have you tried any mineral foundations like Bare Escentuals? It should work well with your sensitive skin as well as not leading to more breakouts. One tip I've heard for oilier skin types is to put a "dusting" of mineral veil on before and after your foundation. I'll keep thinking for you though.......!! :smileyhappy:

setsail
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hey girl, whichever foundation you go with - I suggest setting it with a quality powder. Make Up For Ever's Duo Mat Powder Foundation is the best I've found - it's super matte, I touch-up less often and it hasn't broken out my skin.

If you want superb coverage, give Cover FX's cream foundation a shot, it'll last forever and they have a ton of colors so you'll find a shade match for sure. Just use a brush to apply it instead of their sponge.

I'm recommending this stuff because some people with acne have bad reactions to Bare Escentuals, so if you find that stuff doesn't work for you - try out these other options.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • zahl123
    • silverandgold
    • golightly120
    • hollywoodheart07
    • cristinanyc
    • setsail