Answer
chelseashley
Need a new routine awful skin :(
(0) Hearts

I have extremely blotchy skin from years of acne problems and have just never been able to get my makeup right. Last summer I went into Sephora and bought a bunch of products from Tarte, a primer, foundation which I apply with a foundation brush, an operator, and a bronzer. I am not too happy with this routine as my skin is not improving and the makeup looks terrible when I apply it. If there is a regimeme someone can help me out with that includes what tools to use it would be greatly appreciated! I am looking for something in the same price range too and definitely willing to switch up brands!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
prohelen
Answered

Hi there Chelseashley,

I know that many people have suggested that you get into a good skincare routine, I definitely agree. I also understand that you might not want to go around bare faced. I love the Tarte line in that they have healthier ingredients than other foundations. If you are sensitive you might want to try Clinique Even Better Foundation (should help to even out the skin tone) or the Acne Solutions Foundation--depending on how active the breakout. 

Acne Solutions Liquid MakeupEven Better Makeup SPF 15

Not all primers are made alike--try one without silicone or go without! I like the Korres Quercetin & Oak line because it evens out skin tone and reduces redness overtime and is natural. It is super gentle and acts like a retinol without making you sensitive--it is targeted as anti-aging but really it just renews the skin very well.

Korres - Quercetin & Oak Antiageing & Antiwrinkle Day Cream SPF 4

As for brushes--skip 'em! If you have textured skin I love to use sponges--the Beauty Blender is an amazing one but any sponge will show a difference. You wet the entire sponge squeeze out excess water and apply by dabbing the foundation over your skin.

beautyblender®

Last but certainly not least is skincare. Try a kit, it will give you a chance to try new things without spending an entire paycheck on something that might not work for you. If you are sensitive stick to more natural or hypo-allergenic lines. If you aren't sensitive-try a doctors line. Personally I am loving the new line from Philosophy--it combines the best of both worlds--a line that was formulated in a dermatologists office but great for sensitive skins.

Philosophy - Clear Days Ahead™ 30-Day Acne Trial Kit

Trial and error are the best ways to try things so definitely head into Sephora to grab samples and apply foundations different ways--brush, fingers, sponge and see which works best for you.

Cheers,

Helen

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • ran8
    • ChicDabbler
    • prohelen
    • toodywoody
    • beautylovingirl