Answer
jacqulenenoel
Matte Powder?
(0) Hearts

I'm noticing half way through my work day that my face is starting to feel a little oily and look shiney.  I have oil blotter sheets in my makeup bag which I'm using.  The weather where I live has been slightly warmer than what we are used to for this time of year, which is only making my oily skin worse.  I didn't know if also incorporating a mattifying powder as a touch up during the day would help??  And what some good suggestions would be so I'm not making the oil worse?  Should I apply as a touch up or should I apply in the morning with my normal makeup routine?

Here is what I am using now in my routine:

*cleaning and moisturizing with Proactiv (incorporating products from the line for oil control)

*amazing concealer for dark circles and redness around nose and mouth

*bare minerals powder foundation all over followed by my usual (blush, highlighter, shadow primer, shadow, gloss, eye liner and mascara)

Is there something I am missing that would help cut down on the shine and oil?!?!

HELP beauty gurus! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
katie1724
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hmm...on one hand, I'm tempted to say that the mid-day shine happens to everyone -- my skin tends to be dry, and even I notice that my face needs a touch up by noon. On the other hand, is it possible that the Pro-Activ is overdrying your skin, stimulating oil production? **If it's keeping your skin clear and working for you, I would not stop using it -- I would just deal with the oil issue by using a blotting powder (the sheets work, but powder can be more effective).

Some to consider trying:

Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder (try Invisible Matte if you do not want to deposit color): http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P122748&categoryId=B70 -- $19; this lasts me about five months because I just use it for touch ups.

Urban Decay De-Slick, $32 (again, translucent -- it won't add color): http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P210592&categoryId=B70

Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder -- this one is not as heavy-duty on the oil control, but it does instantly mattify the skin: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P248526&categoryId=B70.

Good luck! : )

jacqulenenoel
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I don't think the Proactiv is drying out my skin. I used to work for them and love their products, been using this stuff for a few years. In addition to the basic 3 products i'm using an oil control product and the oil free moisturizer with spf. For whatever reason though my skin just feels greasy by like 11am and it totally irritates me to walk around with an oil slick all over my face. I am definitely looking into your suggestions to see what would be the best fit for me. THANKS AGAIN!
katie1724
(0) Hearts
Oh, great -- and you're welcome! :smileyhappy:
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • vivavictoria
    • jacqulenenoel