Answer
caryr
Accepted Solution
Make-up Forever HD or Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation?
I have fairly bad acne and am looking for a full-coverage foundation that doesn't look too cakey. I've heard that Makeup Forever HD or Laura Mercier Silk Creme are good options. Is this true? Any other suggestions?
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
tenngal
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Since you have bad acne, I wouldn't recommend either of those foundations for you.  You need to use a foundation that won't clog your pores.

I would try Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup because it has great coverage, neutralizes redness and is medicated to help current and prevent future breakouts.  You can find it at: 
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P259605​&categoryId=B70

You can also use Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer for any hard to cover blemishes.  It is medicated, too, and you can find it at: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P244700​&categoryId=B70

Between the concealer and foundation you should have plenty of natural-looking coverage for your acne.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

Answers: 2
strawberrytarte
Answered
(0) Hearts

I also have pretty bad acne and I use the Makeup Forever HD. It does not break me out and I love coupling it with the full coverage concealer. If you are nervous, which I'm sure you are because I always was, Sephora is awesome about samples. Ask if you can try a sample of the HD and take it home and see how you do. That is what I did with that and the finishing powder. I've always had very sensitive skin so I can sympathize completely! 

Make sure to pair your foundation with a barrier repair or a primer (I like Cover FX [the acne one] for primer) so that your foundation stays in place all day! 

vernaajess
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have the same experience as you. I tried both of them too, and found that the silk creme give the best coverage, but because i have oily skin, it feels really oily skin, it cakes into my laugh lines ( which should NOT show because i'm 16 years old). the MUFE foundation is better at not caking, but the coverage isn't as good. recently, i've switched over to Lancome's tient idole ultra, which is proving to be pretty good. it doesn't get very oily, and the coverage is a 7 on the scale of 1-10. it is also very light weight and looks really natural.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • vernaajess
    • caryr
    • strawberrytarte