Answer
missjr
Looking for a New Blush

Hello, Divas! Right now, I'm in the market for a blush for the spring.  I am dark-skinned and sometimes wear the MUFE HD Liquid Foundation in #180 or the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder in deep dark.  My skin is oily and prone to hormonal breakouts.  Because I am a creature of habit, I tend to play it safe with blushes by sticking to bronzed colors.  I'm ready to get out of my comfort zone and try something new that will add some vibrant color to my face. I've heard some really great things about Nars blushes. Could you all recommend something for me? Thanks in advance for your help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
katie1724
Answered
[ Edited ]

Exhibit A (a warmer red) and Taj Mahal (orange) are both vibrant colors that can be worn sheerly or more heavily for a stronger pop of color. If you like pinks, I highly recommend Desire, too, which is a strong pink, and beautiful on darker skin -- it's so pigmented. Torrid would also be a good color -- it's a lovely, pigmented coral. Of these four, Exhibit A and Desire are matte and Taj Mahal and Torrid have a bit of shimmer (but it's not overpowering).

(Exhibit A)

(Desire)

(Torrid)

nars_tajmahalblush003.jpg(Taj Mahal -- sorry for the huge picture, but Sephora does not carry this shade.)

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 19 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • thecaramelapple
    • prosarab
    • misssam
    • janinebt
    • bearsmom
    • msmisty
    • missjr