Answer
bakergirl7
Light coverage foundation, tinted moisturizer, or BB cream for very pale skin?

Hi there! I'm looking for recommendations for a light coverage face makeup for very pale skin--whether that's foundation, tinted moisturizer, or BB cream, I'd love your thoughts!

More details for reference: I have extremely pale skin that is pretty normal (dry in the winter, normal in the summer), no acne, some light redness--just looking for something light, natural feeling and looking, to even out my skin and make it look more flawless. I have and like Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Fair and it's a great match for my skintone, but it's pretty heavy and feels cakey, and I'm looking for something lighter for the summer/daily alternative. I've tried Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer and not been particularly enthused, but am open to trying again. I have also tried Diorskin Nude BB Cream in 001 Fair and LOVED everything about it but weirdly after a few uses it turned kind of orange on my skin! (Returned it for another one and it happened again, so it's something in the formulation rather than a faulty product.)  I'm still not totally sure if I'm warm or cool toned, but if it helps, current shades of eye/lip makeup that look good on me are Benefit's Easiest Nudes Ever palette and BITE Beauty's Corvina and Velvet.

Any recommendations?? Thanks all!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
keelybt
Answered

Hi Bakergirl7  Have you tried Dr Jart BB Creams?  They work really well for fair skin and are lightweight.  For your skin, I'd recommend Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++. It will even out your redness and it feels light and fresh on.

swfupload_4000292275039885582.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/water-fuse-beauty-balm-spf-25-pa-P285402?skuId=1327923

jellybean917
Answered

I like Sephora Collection's CC Cream: http://www.sephora.com/skin-perfect-cc-cream-sunscreen-spf-20-P378918?skuId=1507417

The coverage is super light, and my skin doesn't feel weighed down. I apply it with a brush after moisturizer. It's not matte, but it's not super dewy either. It's more of a "my skin, but better". Just evens a few things out.

I have Light, and my skin is quite pale. I might have to switch to the lighter shade for the winter.

I also liked the feel and coverage of Peter Thomas Roth's CC Cream: http://www.sephora.com/cc-cream-broad-spectrum-spf-30-complexion-corrector-P378194

However, the Light/Medium shade didn't work with me.

I hated BB creams, but I do like CC creams. If you can go to a Sephora, check these out and see if you have a match! I think the lightest shade of the Sephora Collection CC Cream may work for you.

Good luck!

michmo
Answered

I agree with what Keely suggested below.  I've loved my Dr. Jart BB cream.  (Although I used a different formula than the Waterfuse.) It provided a beautiful, natural coverage and worked well on my fair skin.  It never oxidized on me either.  

katie334
Answered
(0) Hearts

Have you looked into Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer? It has a natural finish, and vitamins to nourish your skins & chamomile extract which treats dryness. Hope this helps! 

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • katie334
    • bakergirl7
    • michmo
    • jellybean917
Photos1
  • swfupload_4000292275039885582.jpg