Answer
SarahKD
Kat Von D Lock It vs. MUFE Mat Velvet

Hello! I am looking for a good fuller-coverage foundation. My skin is quite pale and slightly cool (I tend to prefer neutral or slightly warm-toned foundations as they help cover redness). It is difficult to find a good color match. My skin is also very sensitive, acne-prone, and oily, but with some random, occasional dry patches.

I have been looking at Kat Von D Lock It Foundation and Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet +. What is your experience with these foundations and what would you recommend?

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

For reference:

Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage in Fair: nice formulation, but a bit too dark

Clinique Acne Solutions in Fresh Alabaster: less coverage than what I was looking for; slightly too dark and pink/orange

Ulta Mineral Foundation in Warm 1: color is okay, but causes breakouts

Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin in Ivory: terrible color (too dark and too orange); extremely irritating on my skin; all-around awful foundation

L'Oreal True Match in W1 Porcelain: color is okay upon application, but oxidizes too dark; doesn't last long

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
chaeladawn
Answered

Hey, I have pale skin as well!!:smileyhappy:

I know you said you used Clinique, and didn't like it so much. But I would recommend using Clinique Even Better foundation in 05, Neautral. (That's the color I got, it is a slightly darker color than my skin, but I think it covers darker spots and redness quite well). I agree that it is not the best coverage out there, but I love this foundation. I would then recommend using bareMinerals original foundation on top of that. And, then the bareMinerals mineral veil. I just got these products and am in love with how they look and feel on my face!! :smileyvery-happy: As for acne prone, I recommend using X Out face wash. It's amazing. You use it day and night. Just one simple step to clear skin. Proactive didn't work well for me, too hard to keep up with. Also, X out is cheaper. Anyways, I just bought the Try. Belive. Love. Kit from bareM, in Fairly Light and it;s a good price for the amount of product you get. I hope this helps. 

keelybt
Answered

Hi SarahKD They are both great choices!  I would say it depends on how oily you are.  Kat Von D gives a semi-matte finish and MUFE gives a matte finish and has an oil control.  Also they both have very fair shades to choose from depending on how light you are, but even the fairest of the fair can normally find a good match. Since both are drier foundations it will work for your oily areas, but (as with most products) can catch on the dry patches. I would recommend increasing the hydration to minimize that issue.  Josie Maran just came out with a light version of her Argan Oil.  It's more lightweight and absorbs faster, but still has all the great benefits of the original.

It works really well to balance oily skin and if you prefer you can use it just in the dry areas.

swfupload_5821927889721366229.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/100-pure-argan-oil-light-P380805?skuId=1548270

Mollycj
Answered

Mat Velvet is better! It controls more oil, and doesn't leave your skin splotchy. Although the substance is a little thinner, the coverage is still great.

lolo01
Answered

I really like Mufe Mat Velvet better! :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • aviscardi
    • SarahKD
    • lolo01
    • Mollycj