Answer
piggy51
I have moderate acne that I've been trying to cover for a long time.

Unfortunately the only makeup I've found that does cover it up makes me break out more, and it makes me look very orange. Any suggestions as to what brand I should use?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
18psu55
Answered
(0) Hearts

My skin has been going through some interesting phases over the last year and acne has definitely been my prevelant issue. I am not used to having really any acne at all so I have been going through all kinds of trials and tribulations finding the right foundation!

My first recommendation is the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra foundation which is oil-free and has medium coverage, but can be buildable for areas that need extra attention. While I still needed some concealer around larger blemishes, this foundation had really nice coverage and finish while also feeling light on the skin. It did not inflame or irritate my sensitive skin so that might be an option for you to try. I haven't tried the new 24hr version but the original 14hr version lasted decently long on the skin... Not 14 hours but I would give it a solid 7 or 8. 

Currently I am using and loving the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. It is a full coverage foundation which I rarely have to use concealer with as it does such a nice job covering redness, blemishes, and dark spots for me. It is a thicker foundation, but it has not made my skin feel weighed down or oily at all. It didn't make me look cakey or anything like that- it just evened out my skin really well. I can't say enough good things about it and have been so impressed! If you are looking for something full coverage I would definitely try this out!

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • 18psu55
    • tiffanybt
    • maizy0406
    • piggy51
    • missdiorcherie