Answer
beautyobssessed
How do I know if I have yellow, beige or yellow undertones?
(0) Hearts

How do I know if I have beige, yellow, or pink undertones?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
makeupnewbie78
Answered

I've had difficulty figuring out the correct undertone based on silver/gold jewelry and color theory... because I'm biased.  I like silver-colored jewelry over gold, and I might fool myself into thinking I look better with silver rather than with gold... The same with colors.  The colors I love aren't necessarily what look great on me...

I always found it easier to just compare foundations with different undertones on your skin.  The one with the right undertone will look most natural. I'm Asian, so I always figured I had yellow undertone... until I realized foundations with yellow undertone make me look jaundiced. But I'm not pink either, and any foundation with heavily pinkish undertone makes me look a little ashen and ghastly. Turns out I'm neutral, somewhat peachy. I have both yellow and pink in my skin. By the way, different companies have different ideas as to what neutral/pink/yello undertone means.  Shiseido, I find to be quite yellow toned, while Dior is more pink toned.  So don't buy any makeup based on your 'undertone', do get a sample and try it on your skin first!

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 7 in conversation
    • elea33
    • maltipoo66
    • ry22
    • elizbeth1972
    • beautyobssessed
    • makeupnewbie78
    • BeautyGirlJess
Photos1