Answer
mayamae45
How do I find the right foundation color to match my skin color?
(0) Hearts

I have Rosacea and have a difficult time matching my skin color because I have fair skin with red tones.  I am tired of people asking me if I am sunburned so I would like a makeup that will tone down the red.  Any suggestions???  HELP!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
lovinglady
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have the same problem and when I would get matched I end up with VERY PINK color.  By the summer when my skin gets more even, I hold the bottle next to my face and go ewww, what were they thinking.  They matched to my check and jawbone, hence I got pinked.

I saw a video on youtube that said to match to your top of your forehead - that way you don't get a foundation with too much red in it because your skin is irritated and red (and look like a big pink face)

I would also beware of any foundation or product that has alcohol in it. I had the Lancome Teint Miracle (was too pink) and it was irritating my skin. I was about to buy the new Chanel Aqua when someone told me to avoid - there is lots of alcohol which you should NEVER use on your skin.   Sure enough when I looked at the Lancome and Chanel bottles, each had Alcohol as one of the top 2 or 3 ingredients (what are they thinking)

Right now I am using Hourglass TM in Ivory, and also CoverGirl NatureLux in 310 (on days where I want or need more coverage).  

Hope this helps.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • marlxoxo
    • lovinglady
    • mayamae45
    • okmaria