Answer
kailahelizabeth
High School Girls Makeup

Im in High School and IM not really sure what I should be really wearing. Ive worn a little bit of everything just to try stuff and Im still not sure. Any ideas? I go to a Private School and my parents are pretty much the sophisticated high end type, but there kind of splitting up and I really don't get to talk to my mom a lot now for advice on this type of stuff. Im a freshman if that helps too. Help please? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 10
tenngal
Answered

Teenage make up should always be soft and subtle.  A nice combination of colors, poise and sweet touch ups makes teenage make up attractive and soft.

As a teenager you must know that you have got a soft and unexploited skin and you must act wisely to preserve it.  Make sure you do not use any local and harsh products on your skin.  Also remember not to be a copy cat of makeup applied by people around because as a teenage it is very important for you to develop an original style of your own.  Do not also give yourself an overdose of make up because it will make you look more mature than you are.  Try to stay away from that ultra glam and sexy look as it will take a toll over your innocence which is the basic plus point of your beauty.

What to do:

• Experiment with colors.  Try wearing bright and floral colors.  You can also use light pink and black colors if you are willing for a feminine look.
  • Go for bright yet natural shades for make up.
  • Do experiments with your eye make up but avoid extra glossy make up any where else on your face.
  • Go for lip gloss instead of lipstick.
  • Try different kinds of hairstyles because changes in hairstyles help in a complete make over.
  • Remember to keep your skin clean, toned and moisturized.  Avoid using any harsh products on your skin.
  • Innocence on your face is your real beauty, so avoid any kind of make up that overshadows your natural charm.

What not to do:

• Always make sure that you do not overdress yourself and whatever you wear is in accordance with the occasion you are dressing up for.
  • Avoid extra chemical treatment with your hair.  However experiment as much as you can with natural and herbal products.
  • Avoid wearing ultra glam dress and make up because that will overshadow the natural beauty of your face.
  • Do not apply chemicals on your face.  Instead go for homemade and natural products.
  • Avoid colors like green, brown, grey and slate both in make up and dresses.

Sephora has a great “no makeup” makeup look in their “Get-the-Look” video tutorials on their website.  You should take a look at that video.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

juicyglosspaige
Answered
[ Edited ]

I go to a private school and my parents are into the sophisticated look too. Most teenagers are into heavy eyeliner and bright colors, but I think it's important to keep things natural. Concealer on blemishes is a good idea, especially if it is intended for clearing up blemishes while you hide them (look for concealers containing salicylic acid, but don't use it under your eyes because the acid can cause irritation to the sensitive skin under your eyes). A tinted moisturizer is a good way to even out your skin tone, while providing hydration for your skin and giving a natural finish by letting your actual skin show through a little. Try to avoid eyeliner, because it can make you look tired, and it is easy to go overboard. I know a lot of seventh graders at my school look as though they applied their eye makeup with a sharpie. Not a good look:smileywink:. A little bit of black mascara is good, or if you have naturally dark, long lashes, clear mascara is a nice alternative. Blush and eyeshadow aren't really needed for school, so save those for when you're dressing up. Stick to natural shades with maybe a little bit of colored eyeliner (plum or navy are really nice alternatives to black for a night out or a formal event). As for lips, tinted lip balms are great for school, especially if they taste good. Rosebud makes great tasting, super hydrating balms which are inexpensive and are available at Sephora. Lip gloss is fun too. Any pink, peach or nude shades are good for lip glosses, so keep darker and brighter colors for dances and stuff. I hope this helps! Enjoy freshman year :smileyhappy: !

candidus
Answered

I'm in highschool, a senior to be specific, and I can understand the desire to wear makeup and also not knowing what to choose etc.  I've seen just about everything and I must say, most of it not good, teenage girls have no fear when it comes to make up.  I suggest only wearing makeup sometimes, don't feel like you have to wear it to be in public.  Instead, it should be something you put on because you feel like it, for something special, or another reason.  Also, simple is the best.  Foundation, powders and concealers that deal with oily or combination skin or acne is important.  Makeup can be the cause of your acne.  Don't wear lipstick.  Lipbalm, tinted if you wish, and a gloss sometimes.  To be more specific, mascara is common.  And at our age, often we only wear mascara, and only add other eye makeup occasionally.  I personally don't wear make up everyday.  Maybe once or twice to school each week.  I'm a teenager, in highschool, and my highest priority should not be my appearance, it should be my grades.  But, it is fun to experiment.  Just don't cake it on, or look like a raccoon.  That is not a good look for anyone.

princesspurple
Answered

I think for high school, a healthy look is fine. Nothing to dramatic or bold. Some mascara, a light pink or natural color eyeshadow, a foundation, and blush. This is a perfect look for high school or anywhere you go. I hope I helped!!! :smileyhappy: Enjoy high school!

Jillie
Answered
(0) Hearts

When I was a Freshman in High School I wore the following: Foundation (liquid), Concealer (to cover up my blemishes), Eyeliner (only on my top lash line), mascara and sometimes lip gloss... but I really just stuck with tinted lip balms! 

To me when I look back at when I was a Freshman I don't feel i wore too much makeup. But something I wish I did wear was Bare Esscentuals Mineral Foundation, I use it now and it really has helped with my acne and my skin has never looked better. Plus Minerals makeup is very natural looking (in my opinion). I know Sephora makes a mineral foundation now and it is cheaper than Bare Essentuals, I havn't tried it but I've heard good things about it! Another option is a Tinted Moisturizer. Bobbie Brown makes great Tinted Moisturizers! 

I am 21 and looking back, High school is the time to have fun and play with your makeup! I started getting more "adventurous" with makeup when I started my Junior/Senior year. I think you should wear whatever makes YOU happy and what YOU feel comfortable wearing! Maybe start off with a tinted moisturizer or Mineral foundation (if you want a little coverage for your skin) and wear SUNSCREEN! No matter what always wear sunscreen... you will thank yourself when you get older! Wear light colored eyeshadows like champagne colors or neutral colors (or if you want wear bright colors!) and if you want a more natural look wear brown mascara (I LOVE black mascara but some people find it too dramatic!). And maybe a eye liner on your top lash line.

I hope this helps! 

jennywawa88
Answered
(0) Hearts

Personally, if you're in highschool, I don't really think you need to be worrying about makeup just yet. I was not allowed to wear makeup until I was 18, and personally, I think I came out all the better for it. I see alot of girls in highschool get involved with makeup and fashion and thats fine, but when you're so young its easier to get pulled in to all that and you get older and you start feelings like thats what a beautiful woman is...someonw with nice makep and nice clothes. I think you should get through highschool and keep your head there where it needs to be before getting worried about make up and those things which you can do later.

I grew up in a home just like yours, so I understand where you're at. i'm sorry to hear about your parent's splitting up.

gigglesluv
Answered
(0) Hearts

Im sorry about your parents.

I suggest:

Natural eyeshadow, eyeliner (brown), mascara, tinted mostrizer, lipgloss. =]

brej
Answered
(0) Hearts

That's a tough situation. I'm sorry. But know you can always come here for beauty advice (feel free to send me a message if you want more)!

Ok, on to the Make-up. Start with a beautiful complexion! Find a foundation that works for your skin type and looks super natural on your face. Tinted moisturizer is great if you don't have blemishes or anything!

You may not even need blush, but if you do, maybe go for sheer/soft blushes.  Apply them lightly. The two places they are usually applied are on the apples of you cheeks (the parts that get round when you smile) and on your cheekbones. As a teenager, you probably only need to put the blush on the apples of your cheeks.

Ok, on to the eyes. Mascara may be all you need! Find a good black or dark brown mascara that doesn't clump. I like Clinique high impact mascara (you can ask for a sample at the counter, or have them put it on you) and Mary Kay Ultimate mascara. But find what works for you!

It took me the longest time to learn eye-liner. If you want to use eyeliner that's fine, just remember that less is more! It's easy to put waaay too much eye liner on. For me, it works best if I only put the liner on my top lash-line. If you'd like to put it on the bottom start with just the outside third of your lower lashline. Believe it or not, colored eye liners are an easy and relatively safe way to add color. Navy blues, greens, eggplant purples and bronze colors are wonderful for this. Just pair them with a neutral shadow, or a naked lid.

If you'd like to wear eye shadow that's great. There are a couple guidelines that can help you to learn the basics. If you check out the Mary Kay website and go to "What's New" then "Application tips" then select the eye application tips icon it may help you out a lot! Remember, you can always experiment and change things. Just be careful not to put too much of anything on.

Best of luck girl! Again, message me if you need any more help!

aidennwuddupp
Answered
(0) Hearts

Can't it be anything?

victoria9845
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hey,

I'm a freshman too! Anyway, I like wearing mascara, lip gloss, and concealer. If you're going to wear eye-shadow, just dab a little on. Maybe you should try black liquid liner. Keep it to minimal. I've seen some of the girls at my school with tons of make-up on, and it doesn't look attractive! I like gold eye liner too. I would do clear-light red lip gloss. Giving you a boost of shine and a little color. Hope this helps!

Question Stats
  • 10 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • Jillie
    • juicyglosspaige
    • jennywawa88
    • kailahelizabeth
    • brej
    • aidennwuddupp