Answer
Help choosing foundation

Does any one have any suggestions on a medium to possibly full coverage foundation for oily skin that is long wearing and doesn't fall into or emphasize pores and fine lines?  I prefer one that has more of a matte than dewy finish.  I have  heard people suggest and rave about MUFE HD, tried it and  thought it looked good yet felt like it slid off my face after a couple hours.  I do use a primer and I use smashbox's finishing powder.  Also any suggestions on a good concealer to cover troubled spots?  Thanks bunches for any suggestions.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
Answered
(0) Hearts

Make Up Forever matte finish!!!!!!!! Best of all matte finishing foundations by far, and I have acne-oily skin.

But to introduce you to their line, definately purchase the starter kit that comes with all HD stuff :smileyhappy: I also felt like it fell off after a 12 hour day but I got the other primer they have and it worked so well. Also the NARS oil free primer worked wonders too, and smells excellent. Hourglass is another you should consider for a primer; their matte foundation and primer are fantastic on acne/oily skin.

Concealer... I'm still trying to figure out. But I found the Tea Tree Oil Concealer at the Body Shop works perfect for me and has added tea tree to antibacterial0the-butt out of pimples lol.

Good luck!

Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi, Erae!

Like you I also have oily skin and my skin becomes super oily during the summer months.  I love the MUFE HD Invisible Cover foundation, as well as the HD concealer which give my skin an impeccable, airbrushed look.  I set it with the MAC Prep & Prime Finishing Powder.  I also use the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, and I use the UD De-Slick Setting Spray before and after makeup application.  

For a more matte look with full coverage, I tried out a sample of the MUFE Mat Velvet foundation last night when I attended a black tie event.  All I can do is rave!  Even though this foundation gave my skin a matte finish, it didn't dry my skin out; nor did my skin look cakey.  I still used my primer and makeup setting spray and my skin looked flawless even in pictures.  

Answered
(0) Hearts

Tarte 12 Hour Amazonian Clay Foundation is great for oily skin.  I haven't tried it yet, but have heard great things about Urban Decay's Deslick. 

Answered
(0) Hearts

Hey! :smileyhappy:

If you liked Mufe's HD foundation but felt like it slid of your face I would suggest using a good setting powder. i use Urban Decay's De-slick mattifying powder. Keeps my liquid foundation in place and absorbs excess oil. If you want to stay away from MUFE'S HD foundation, try going with MUFE'S Matte Velvet. Personally I found this one made my skin too dry and peel a little bit that's why I prefer HD, but if you're looking for a super matte finish try going with that one because that's exactly what it will do! 

Hope this helps!

xox

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation