Answer
erae
Help choosing foundation

Does any one have any suggestions on a medium to possibly full coverage foundation for oily skin that is long wearing and doesn't fall into or emphasize pores and fine lines?  I prefer one that has more of a matte than dewy finish.  I have  heard people suggest and rave about MUFE HD, tried it and  thought it looked good yet felt like it slid off my face after a couple hours.  I do use a primer and I use smashbox's finishing powder.  Also any suggestions on a good concealer to cover troubled spots?  Thanks bunches for any suggestions.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
missjr
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi, Erae!

Like you I also have oily skin and my skin becomes super oily during the summer months.  I love the MUFE HD Invisible Cover foundation, as well as the HD concealer which give my skin an impeccable, airbrushed look.  I set it with the MAC Prep & Prime Finishing Powder.  I also use the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, and I use the UD De-Slick Setting Spray before and after makeup application.  

For a more matte look with full coverage, I tried out a sample of the MUFE Mat Velvet foundation last night when I attended a black tie event.  All I can do is rave!  Even though this foundation gave my skin a matte finish, it didn't dry my skin out; nor did my skin look cakey.  I still used my primer and makeup setting spray and my skin looked flawless even in pictures.  

aubreda
Answered
(0) Hearts

Tarte 12 Hour Amazonian Clay Foundation is great for oily skin.  I haven't tried it yet, but have heard great things about Urban Decay's Deslick. 

maryyy1989
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hey! :smileyhappy:

If you liked Mufe's HD foundation but felt like it slid of your face I would suggest using a good setting powder. i use Urban Decay's De-slick mattifying powder. Keeps my liquid foundation in place and absorbs excess oil. If you want to stay away from MUFE'S HD foundation, try going with MUFE'S Matte Velvet. Personally I found this one made my skin too dry and peel a little bit that's why I prefer HD, but if you're looking for a super matte finish try going with that one because that's exactly what it will do! 

Hope this helps!

xox

PopoFiveOh
Answered
(0) Hearts

Make Up Forever matte finish!!!!!!!! Best of all matte finishing foundations by far, and I have acne-oily skin.

But to introduce you to their line, definately purchase the starter kit that comes with all HD stuff :smileyhappy: I also felt like it fell off after a 12 hour day but I got the other primer they have and it worked so well. Also the NARS oil free primer worked wonders too, and smells excellent. Hourglass is another you should consider for a primer; their matte foundation and primer are fantastic on acne/oily skin.

Concealer... I'm still trying to figure out. But I found the Tea Tree Oil Concealer at the Body Shop works perfect for me and has added tea tree to antibacterial0the-butt out of pimples lol.

Good luck!

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • maryyy1989
    • erae
    • missjr
    • aubreda
    • PopoFiveOh