Answer
Shaneitta
Accepted Solution
Foundation for oily skin that won't clog pores
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have oily skin and break out easily. I currently use MACs Studio Tech NC 50 as my foundation and can visible see shine on my T zones within 10  minutes of application. I would like to try a different foundation that will control my oily skin but not clog my pores. Any suggestions?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

I would avoid using Amazing Cosmetics concealer on you blemishes, I love it for concealing dark circles or redness, but it does contain mineral oil and you don't want to risk it clogging problem areas more.

Use oil free products and those designed to mattify.

Try using a mattifying gel prior to make up application, Urban Decay's Deslick in a Tube and Peter Thomas Roth makes a gel that can be applied to your T-zone to control oil.

Start with a primer, normally a water based or silicone/dimethicone primer works well for oily skin. Water based primers absorb well and feel weightless on skin (Lorac and Napoleon Perdis make great ones, they are gentle formulas and contain soothing ingredients) and silicone/dimethicone ones form a smooth barrier over skin issues to prevent oil from disrupting your make up. Primers will hold your make up on better, allow for better coverage, and prevent make up from settling into your skin. Benefit's Porefessional is great and can even be tapped over oily spots throughout the day to absorb oil without caking on powder.

If you want to stick with a liquid, determine what coverage and finish you want, if you want fuller/medium coverage with a matte finish, try MUFE's Velvet Mat or Studio Gear (Ulta/macys)'s Matte Foundation. If you want something lighter weight with a softer finish, try Clinique, they make a foundation for acne prone skin or Urban Decay's Naked foundation, which has a semi-matte finish.

You may want to look into powder foundations as well, it works well for oily skin as you're not adding any liquids onto skin and helps to instantly absorb oil. Benefit's Hello Flawless is great and allows for flexible coverage with either a sponge or brush applicator so you can build to the coverage you want. It's also infused with SPF 15 and is very finely milled to avoid looking chalky on skin.

For concealer, try Smashbox's liquid concealer, it's a light-weight liquid that packs a punch with pigment so you get coverage but don't have to wear a ton of product.

Smashbox even has a kit with a mini primer (silicone/dimethicone based), oil free concealer, oil free liquid foundation, and their hydrating, camera safe, mineral powder called HALO.

Answers: 2
PBandJess
Answered
(0) Hearts

Apply Amazing Cosmetics concealer on your blemishes, then apply Smashbox's BB cream ("Camera Ready") in the shade that best fits you. Finally, put on Bare Minerals Matte powder.  I've been using this routine for a while now and it works great! I have a very bad t-zone but it helps a lot.  Putting layers of liquid foundation just clogs your pores and makes you breakout but with this combination, your skin will be able to breathe and your face will be completely flawless.

dreamangellove
Answered
(0) Hearts

Make Up Forever-- Mat Velvet foundation.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • dreamangellove
    • Shaneitta
    • PBandJess