Answer
cleocorky
Accepted Solution
Foundation for VERY fair skin?

I have extremely fair skin with pink undertones. It's SO hard to find a foundation that matches my skintone! Tarte reCreate Foundation in Porcelain was too yellow, and Bare Minerals Matte Foundation in Fair was still too dark! Any suggestions for a foundation sold by Sephora that would be pale enough for me? Thanks in advance!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
artemisgem
Answered

I'm very fair-skinned too, and it IS very hard to find a foundation that's an exact color match. After trying many, the very best one I've found is Make Up For Ever "HD Invisible Cover Foundation." (Sephora Product Page) It's a great foundation, and it comes in very fair shades. I'm "Pink Porcelain" (110) If you're slightly lighter than that, they also make "Pink" (107) and if you're slightly darker, there's "Ivory" (115) All these shades are for very fair skin with pink undertones.

Also, if you have pink undertones, I've found that foundation looks more natural and more flawless if you use a color-correcting primer to neutralize any redness. I like Make Up For Ever "HD Micorperfecting Primer" (Sephora Product Page) in the shade "Blue." I know using a blue primer seems a little weird, but it really does help your foundation look better.

Once more thing: when you're really fair-skinned, you have to be more choosy about what translucent powder you use to set your makeup. For instance, the BareMinerals "Mineral Veil" is supposedly translucent, but it always makes my foundation look unnaturally dark. For fair-skinned girls, I would recommend either Make Up For Ever "HD Microfinsh Powder" (Sephora Product Page) or Too Faced "Primed and Poreless Powder." (Sephora Product Page) I hope all this helps you--good luck! :smileyhappy:

Answers: 6
ran8
Answered

I had that same problem for quite a bit of time after a favorite got discontinued.

MUFE's HD.  107 or 110.  107 I don't see too often in stores so it might be harder to try out.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P217905&categoryId=C13402

waterbaby1981
Answered

Try Clinique.  I have Superbalanced in both liquid and pressed powder forms.  I'm Alabaster in Superbalanced and Shade 01 in their Perfectly Real foundation.  If you can get away with wearing tinted moisturizer, I also have Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in Porcelain and Bare Radiance, and Clinique's new Moisture Surge Foundation in the lightest shade they make, which is a PERFECT match.  I have pink undertones with really fair skin too, so I know how hard it is to find one that's perfect.  To set makeup, I'd recommend Laura Mercier's loose setting powder.  It really is translucent and doesn't make foundation or tinted moisturizer turn funny colors or anything.

prettyinpa
Answered

Bobbi Brown has a wide range of shades of foundation including some very light ones, which might be perfect for you.

Link:http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P270551&categoryId=B70

Hope this helps!

6aad0801
Answered

For very light skin with pink undertones check out NARS MontBlanc foundation.

missmauichick07
Answered
(0) Hearts

NARS has 5+ very light foundation shades. Since you have pinky undertones, I suggest Siberia or Mont Blanc. One user (of Siberia) said "Finally a foundation light enough for me!" 

Applemother
Answered
(0) Hearts

try the bobbi brown ones in alabaster (00) or something like that. also the mac nc10

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 17 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • 6aad0801
    • waterbaby1981
    • ran8
    • artemisgem
    • cleocorky
    • missmauichick07
    • Applemother