Answer
andybeauty
Foundation crease's in laugh lines, HELP!!!
[ Edited ]

I have always used revlon colorstay but recently I wanted something lighter and every time I try a new foundation it seems to crease in my laugh lines. I have dry sensitive skin, and it doesn't get oily unless i'm to the 12 hour mark with my revlon foundation. I'm only 21 so What should I do, do you think I need a primer? Please Help me . I don't want to use revlon heavy foundation forever. Also if I do need a primer what would be the best for my skin, I also get breakout's a couple times a month. Yes I always moisturize with hope, and use spf40 before foundation application.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
gleekazoid
Answered
(0) Hearts

Primer is a crucial part about foundation application but, I believe that you need a foundiation like Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer because it evens out skin and make your skin look fresh and dewy. Also it does not settle into laugh lines.

heyitslexx
Answered
(0) Hearts

hay (:

i would definitely say , that primer is your problem.

you NEED primer.

it keeps your makeup on all day

and it provides a smoother application.

it does prevent creasing in makeup. 

Hope this helps!

-Alexx

lizzy98247
Answered
(0) Hearts

This use to happen to me when my skin got dry. . If you dont want, a primer is not really nescesary. Just apply a moisturizer before makeup aplication. Another product i think would help is evian moisturizing spray, you use to kind of set fondation.

katie1724
Answered
(0) Hearts

Since you're so young, my suspicion is that your skin is just dry -- do you use a moisturizer? If you normally have oily skin, use a moisturizer for oily, dehydrated skin, such as Korres Yogurt Cream. When your skin is hydrated, you will likely notice a marked decrease of your foundation creasing into lines.

Primers do help, too. Many primers have (personally) caused me to break out, but you might want to try a natural one such as Tarte Clean Slate: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P96800&categoryId=B70 or Korres Face Primer: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P235200&categoryId=B70.

: )

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

You definitely should use a foundation primer.  You shouldn't need to change your foundation if you are happy with it as long as you apply a primer first.  NARS Skin Smoothing Face Prep prepares your skin for a flawless makeup application.  It is ideal for trouble spots (fine lines, large pores, rough spots, and other imperfections).  This formula creates a smoother and more even canvas for your foundation application and it creates a perfectly matte finish that leaves your skin feeling comfortable, not dry.  You can find it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P261210&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3976

By the way, it is dermatologist tested, fragrance free and non-comedogenic so it won't clog pores or cause breakouts.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • heyitslexx
    • gleekazoid
    • andybeauty
    • lizzy98247