Answer
Foundation crease's in laugh lines, HELP!!!
[ Edited ]

I have always used revlon colorstay but recently I wanted something lighter and every time I try a new foundation it seems to crease in my laugh lines. I have dry sensitive skin, and it doesn't get oily unless i'm to the 12 hour mark with my revlon foundation. I'm only 21 so What should I do, do you think I need a primer? Please Help me . I don't want to use revlon heavy foundation forever. Also if I do need a primer what would be the best for my skin, I also get breakout's a couple times a month. Yes I always moisturize with hope, and use spf40 before foundation application.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
Answered
(0) Hearts

You definitely should use a foundation primer.  You shouldn't need to change your foundation if you are happy with it as long as you apply a primer first.  NARS Skin Smoothing Face Prep prepares your skin for a flawless makeup application.  It is ideal for trouble spots (fine lines, large pores, rough spots, and other imperfections).  This formula creates a smoother and more even canvas for your foundation application and it creates a perfectly matte finish that leaves your skin feeling comfortable, not dry.  You can find it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P261210&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3976

By the way, it is dermatologist tested, fragrance free and non-comedogenic so it won't clog pores or cause breakouts.

I hope this helps you. Smiley Happy

Answered
(0) Hearts

Since you're so young, my suspicion is that your skin is just dry -- do you use a moisturizer? If you normally have oily skin, use a moisturizer for oily, dehydrated skin, such as Korres Yogurt Cream. When your skin is hydrated, you will likely notice a marked decrease of your foundation creasing into lines.

Primers do help, too. Many primers have (personally) caused me to break out, but you might want to try a natural one such as Tarte Clean Slate: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P96800&categoryId=B70 or Korres Face Primer: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P235200&categoryId=B70.

: )

Answered
(0) Hearts

hay (:

i would definitely say , that primer is your problem.

you NEED primer.

it keeps your makeup on all day

and it provides a smoother application.

it does prevent creasing in makeup. 

Hope this helps!

-Alexx

Answered
(0) Hearts

This use to happen to me when my skin got dry. . If you dont want, a primer is not really nescesary. Just apply a moisturizer before makeup aplication. Another product i think would help is evian moisturizing spray, you use to kind of set fondation.

Answered
(0) Hearts

Primer is a crucial part about foundation application but, I believe that you need a foundiation like Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer because it evens out skin and make your skin look fresh and dewy. Also it does not settle into laugh lines.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation