Answer
kd24
Foundation colour help!

Hi! I know this is a little early to post this question but I'm curious so I thought I would ask now. Every year I go camping in the summer and I know it isn't a place to wear make-up, but I'm so self concious about my skin that I have to (also I would wear this in the summer months when I'm just too darn lazy). Some foundation, powder, and blush is all I really need. I do wear MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, but it really is too much to bring along. I've heard of Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and I want to give it a try. But, here's my dilemma. I don't live near a Sephora and the closest one to me, I don't visit that area enough to go, so it will probably be ordered online. So, I need help with colour choices! *Remember, I use MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 and the MAC Minizeralize Skinfinish in Light Plus* Thanks!:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
18psu55
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi!

I definitely agree that a Tinted Moisturizer is your best bet. Especially in the summer in the heat and outdoors, you don't need a ton of makeup caking your skin!

The Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is great, and I would also recommend The Balm Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer. I really like it as I believe it provides a bit more coverage than a regular TM, but still feels light on the skin.

As far as color matching, I also live far away from a Sephora and do basically all of my shopping online unless I am travelling or something. I use Temptalia's Foundation Matrix to gauge what colors would work for my skin tone (which is MAC NW20). Every time I have ordered a color and used the matrix to find my shade, it has worked perfectly! Good luck!

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • kd24
    • 18psu55
    • dianabt