Answer
suz79
Foundation and powder for oily skin?
I am Asian with extremely oily skin, especially throughout my t-zone, along with large pores on my cheeks and closest to my nose. For awhile now, my routine includes using Smashbox's color correcting primer, MAC's Studio Fix liquid foundation with a stippling brush and finishing off with MAC's loose powder or Benefit's pressed powder, taking care to press/pat each application into my skin and not pull/tug in hopes of avoiding producing oil faster. When I first apply my makeup, it looks somewhat cakey but after about an hour it sets and is great for about half the day, less it's summer. Then it seems like it all dissolves/melts into the oily parts and I just appear GREASY, while other areas seem okay. Reapplying powder and touch ups are something I try to avoid doing too often because it feels like I'm just adding to the mess sitting on top of my skin instead of absorbing. It feels like I could literally scrape it off my forehead and t-zone. I like a full coverage foundation because of my blemish scars and somewhat uneven tone and I've tried mineral foundations which are worse since they disappear after a short while as if I don't even have any foundation on at all. I guess my question to the experts or those with similar issues is: What do you recommend I try instead of my usual routine or add to? Is it something I'm missing? I've just ordered Benefit's Porefessional, which I'm hoping will replace the Smashbox primer, but other than that, I'm stuck. Is there a better oil absorbing, full coverage foundation and powder instead of MAC? I'm trying to find the perfect combo and need some suggestions. Thanks...
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
ContentlyKayKay
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hi suz79!! I know exactly how you feel. I actually came on here about 2 or 3 months ago asking for help. I'm half Asian and have incredibly oily skin. I tried all kinds of different primers and my makeup melt downs kept occurring! I was recommended to change my skin care. I'm not sure what you use but I'm still in the processes of testing out different products but my skin has already improved SO much... even to the point of getting compliments which I never would've thought possible since I too have large pores on my cheeks. I tried out the Boscia Clear Complexion line, but have switched the toner to the Murad acne toner. What's also helped me out wonders is the Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 (which is a bit thick but don't let that concern you.). I replaced my day time moisturizer with that and it's great!!!!! I then dab on the Benefit Porefessional on my pores (nose/cheeks) instead of wiping it on. It gives me a smoother finish. I rotate my foundations between Laura Mercier Silk Creme and Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation, then my best weapon is the Tarte Smooth Operator Finishing Powder. It's amazing and gives such a flawless finish. My makeup is now lasting me through my entire work day and it doesn't look caked on. I also very much recommend NEVER go to bed without washing your face. Hope this helps, good luck!!! :smileyhappy:s1133727-main-hero.jpgs1261114-main-hero.jpg

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • maryyy1989
    • ChicDabbler
    • cryshun
    • Nieceybabe24
    • suz79
    • Juicyylicious
    • ContentlyKayKay
    • emilykatheryn