Answer
suz79
Foundation and powder for oily skin?
I am Asian with extremely oily skin, especially throughout my t-zone, along with large pores on my cheeks and closest to my nose. For awhile now, my routine includes using Smashbox's color correcting primer, MAC's Studio Fix liquid foundation with a stippling brush and finishing off with MAC's loose powder or Benefit's pressed powder, taking care to press/pat each application into my skin and not pull/tug in hopes of avoiding producing oil faster. When I first apply my makeup, it looks somewhat cakey but after about an hour it sets and is great for about half the day, less it's summer. Then it seems like it all dissolves/melts into the oily parts and I just appear GREASY, while other areas seem okay. Reapplying powder and touch ups are something I try to avoid doing too often because it feels like I'm just adding to the mess sitting on top of my skin instead of absorbing. It feels like I could literally scrape it off my forehead and t-zone. I like a full coverage foundation because of my blemish scars and somewhat uneven tone and I've tried mineral foundations which are worse since they disappear after a short while as if I don't even have any foundation on at all. I guess my question to the experts or those with similar issues is: What do you recommend I try instead of my usual routine or add to? Is it something I'm missing? I've just ordered Benefit's Porefessional, which I'm hoping will replace the Smashbox primer, but other than that, I'm stuck. Is there a better oil absorbing, full coverage foundation and powder instead of MAC? I'm trying to find the perfect combo and need some suggestions. Thanks...
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
maryyy1989
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi suz79! :smileyhappy:

I see you mentioned that you've already ordered Benefit's Porefessional Primer. I was going to suggest that to you for the enlarged pores you were concerned about. it's great I use this primer on my cheeks and on my nose where my pores mostly appears, it blurs them away and gives your skin a smooth surface to work with. In additiong it's LIGHTLY tinted, so it evens out your skin tone at the same time.

As for foundation I love MUFE'S HD foundation. It's medium to full coverage and you can build up the amount of coverage you prefer. This stuff really does a good job at making your skin appear flawless. I use this due some acne scarring I have as well as blemishes and it's just great! :smileyhappy:

foundation makeupforever.jpg

When it comes to powder, I also always recommend Urban Decay's De-Slick Mattifying powder. This is my current obsession due to my oily skin. I apply this right after my foundation to set it AND I touch up my skin with this if I need to during the day. You don't have to worry about it weighing you down if you put it on during the day to blot out oilyness because it's transluscent so it doesn't even show, it literally just blots up any excess oil! I also find it helps maintain my foundation at the same time :smileyhappy:

urban decay setting powder.jpg

So the above products are the ones I find work best presently. I hope this helps and don't hesitate if you have other questions :smileywink:

xox

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • maryyy1989
    • ChicDabbler
    • cryshun
    • Nieceybabe24
    • suz79
    • Juicyylicious
    • ContentlyKayKay