Answer
njattana
Foundation Primer in the winter

Hi,I've heard that a foundation primer is really effective during the winter to avoid flaky skin and such and was wondering if there was any truth to this? If so, whether certain primers would be more effective than others for this particular need?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
andiluvsbeauty
Answered

Hello!! So, a really great foundation primer to go with for the winter would probably be Bare Escentual's Prime Time Foundation Primer-Brightening. Bare Escentuals is such a good brand, and everything that they make is very good, and works amazingly. But anyway, haha, its only $22, which seems like a lot, but compared to Smashbox, Laura Mercier, Unban Decay, etc., it is pretty  dang cheap if you ask me! haha! Thank you so much! Here is the link to the primer. Bye :smileyhappy:

-Andrea; Beauty Guru

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P279108&categoryId=B70

prosarab
Answered

Hi Njattana,

I love the recommendations that where made. Primer can be a bit tricky and everyone's skin is different, so it's always good to have options. Now with the winter time, our skin can tend to be dry, dull, flaky and sensitive. What I recommend is that you find a primer that wont be silicone base, and has gel or creamy finish so it will hydrate the skin. I recommend either the Laura Mercier or Smashbox hydrating primers. They both work really well and even thought they are bit more pricey. They both have really good skincare ingredients, so it's like two in one. You get the benefits of treating your skin and priming it at the same time. Hope this helps:smileyhappy:.

Happy Holidays,

Sara B

Sephora Pro Artist

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Hydrating, $30 - $40

Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer, $42
pinksugarx101
Answered

i have the same issue and find smashbox photo finish to be the best because it smooths over everything. i also really like primed and poreless from too faced

melissabt
Answered

Hi Njattana,

I agree with Sara's recommendation. I love using the Laura Mercier Foundationg Primer Hydrating for winter months. It is water based and will feel like a "drink of water" for your skin. Your foundation will apply smoothly and your skin will be left glowing.

Foundation Primer - Hydrating

I also highly suggest using a face spray like the Evian Mineral Water Spray to set your make up and to keep your skin from feeling tight and dry. I like to spray this before and after my foundation and throughout the day for touch ups.

Mineral Water Spray

<3 Melissa
mnm2
Answered
(0) Hearts

Please check out Hourglass veil mineral primer. It works well in all weather conditions.

Unfortunately, it's a little pricey.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • andiluvsbeauty
    • prosarab
    • melissabt
    • njattana
    • pinksugarx101
    • mnm2