Answer
Foundation/Primer for Oily Skin
(0) Hearts

Hello,

I have combination-oily skin. I get shiny and oil in my T-Zone and chin while my cheeks usually stay pretty dry. Right now I am using Clinique's Acne Solutions foundation. I find it doesn't blend as well as I would like and am still oily throughout the day (I do use blotting sheets for that excess oil).

I just bought Nars Sheer Matte foundation and their oil-free primer but am not noticing a huge difference in the appearnace/shininess/oil on my face. By noon it still looks fairly shinny and I have to blot it. I also use MUFU HD Microfine powder and find when I am put my makeup on the morning this does give me the velvetie feel I want...but again by noon its all lost.

Does anyone in the beauty world have any recommendations? I open to trying almost anything (night lotion, foundation, primer, etc.) to help control the oil and shine. I would like to not have to worry about blotting my face throughout the day Smiley Happy

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered

Lotions for day:

-Murad Oil Control Mattifier SPF 15

-Peter Thomas Roth Clini Matte SPF 20

-Boscia Oil Free Daily Hydration SPF 15

Lotions for night (gel based moisturizers absorb quicker and won't feel heavy or greasy on skin):

-Boscia Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel

-Nars Aqua Gel Luminous Oil Free Moisturizer

-Ole Henriksen Vitamin Plus

Primer:

-Benefit Porefessional

-Givenchy Mister Mat

-Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment

Foundation:

-Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation (liquid)

-MUFE Velvet Mat (liquid)

-Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Make Up (liquid)

-Benefit Hello Flawless (powder)

-MUFE Duo Matte (powder)

-Kat Von D Lock It (liquid)

Touch up products/translucent powder:

-Benefit Porefessional (tap it over shiny spots to absorb oil without caking on powder or using blotting sheets)

-Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Powder (translucent, finely milled, not grainy or dry looking, very sheer and light weight on skin)

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation