Answer
cefridmann20
Accepted Solution
Face different undertone then body
(0) Hearts

So my problem is my face is about a shade or two DARKER then my neck/decollate area. Also my face has slightly pink undertones while my body has yellow. So when I match foundation to my face i look "pink" against my neck and collar bone area. When I match to my neck (using a yellow undertone) my face looks sallow. I am also incredible porcelain/ fair skinned, which makes finding foundation shades even harder. It seems no matter what I do my face is always clearly a different color, and being so fair its really noticeable. I can't be the only one out there with this problem.....what can I do? Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
proanne
Answered

No need to worry! There are multiple options for you. There are more undertone options with foundation other than cool and warm. Don't choose a cool tone or a warm tone- choose a NEUTRAL tone. Neutral tones are usually classified as "beige". This is a perfect solution to balance your cooler-toned face and warmer toned body. You can add a bronzer around the perimeter of your face to warm up your skin tone and give richness to your complexion. Try a lighter bronzer like Smashbox Bronze Lights in Sunkissed Matte. If this option isn't for you there are amazing self tanners at Sephora. Don't be afraid to apply a bit of self tanner to your face. This will deepen the skin tone on your face just enough to add some color. I love TanTowel Classic Self-Tan Towellette for face and body in shade fair to medium. These towellettes are so easy to use! Apply at night after you wash your face and you'll wake up beautifully bronzed where you need a little color. I'm obsessed. If self tanners are too much of a commitment, try Stila One Step Bronze Skin Tone Illuminating Bronzing Serum. Apply prior to makeup for a splash of color to your skin, and it washes right off at the end of the day! Good Luck!

miloberry
(0) Hearts
Thank you for this great answer! I have the exact same problem. Although I feel like even the neutral toned foundation still appear more pinkish because my face seems so pink already.... but I'll definitely try the bronzer technique.... thanks!
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • redneckprincess
    • cefridmann20
    • proanne
    • miloberry