Answer
Coverage for Freckles?

Im looking for a foundation that will last and cover freckles. I heard makeup forever was good.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have bunch of freckles on my face. They're really random too ;o I recommend trying Laura Mercier's Creme Smooth Foundation and Kat Von D's Lock-it Foundation both do an incredible job at covering freckles, sun spots, scarring, acne etc without any concealer.

The Creme Smooth Foundation has a creamy smooth consistency and has a dewy finish. It doesn't dry fast so you can take you time working the foundation into your skin. I like to use my fingers but some apply it with a sponge. The foundation holds well without primer but I like to finish it off with Make Up Forever's HD Microfinish Powder. .

The Lock-it Foundation has a thick consistency. It has a semi-matte finish and tends to dries quicker than most foundations, so you need buff it out before it dries. (I like to warm the foundation up on my skin, then I use Urban Decay's Optical Blurring Brush to buff it out). This foundation goes well with Kat Von D's Rehab Priming Elixir, but any moisturizer and/or primer will do. I finish off with Make Up Forever's HD Microfinish Powder. Try to avoid using stippling brushes, I've tried using it with my Sigma F18 and it didn't apply as evenly as the buffing brush did. (It's also recommended that you use a brush with a rounded end).

Both do a solid job at covering freckles, sun spots, scarring etc without any concealer. They're definitely both heavy duty, buildable, and apply flawlessly. Your face will seriously look airbrushed lol.

I find that the Creme Smooth is better for Normal/Combination to Dry Skin as it does gives a dewy finish and has a creamier texture. And I find that the Lock-it is better for Oily to Normal/Combination. I tend to have drier skin, but I use both because the finish is so incredible. I just use Benefit's Total Moisture Cream before I apply Kat Von D's Lock It (:

I hope this helps a bit! Good luck xx

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation