Answer
makeupobesessed
Contouring how to?
I keep seeing info about contouring and I know it has to do with Bronzer strategically applied on your face. Other than that, I'm clueless. I have Bronzer, but what brush do I need and where am I supposed to apply or not apply it? What effect is contouring supposed to give the illusion of?
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
ChicDabbler
Answered

Well, prettyinpa pretty much sums it up. Where and how you apply then depending on what do you want to do with your face (narrower in general? wider on top narrower on bottom? higher cheekbone? sharper face?) and you can use anywhere from one to six or seven extra product to achieve that (foundation 1 shade lighter, 1 shade darker, luminizer, blush, bronzer etc). Since we are not suppose to post outside links, here are images of before/after contouring I found online. You can see the face shape is slightly different.

matco01_contour.jpg

269653096408810410_BL4hzbEw_f.jpg

For me, I have defined cheekbone but want my face to look narrower, so I just sweep bronzer or slightly darker powder from above arch of eyebrows down to the chin. Some people want more defined bone structure, so put liminizer from eyebrow to cheekbone in a C shape where the temple is the middle of the C, then blush on the cheekbone and bronzer under it (the hollow when you suck in your cheek), then blend. Those are the common way, you should experiment to see what you want, and you can totally get fancier and go into costume make up territory where you look always like a completely different person (there are some pretty cool tutorials of those online, looking like Lady Gaga, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson etc).

makeupobesessed
(0) Hearts
Wow, that's a lot to take in. Thank you so much for the graphics...they helped a lot. I guess I need to decide what. Want to contour and then try it..I'm just always afraid to mess it up.
ChicDabbler
Well, what I did when I first started learning make up was every time before I'm going to take a shower, I take out all my make up products, then experiment with what I want to do and walk around my house under different light to see how I like them before shower/thorough cleansing everything off. That way, I experiment with ~2 looks a week and get some experience before going out with it.

The standard make up for this is: luminizer/highlighter, blush, and bronzer. The standard brush are: fluffy face powder brush, blush brush, and personally I like fan brush (cuz I have a heavy hand and this ensure I don't apply too much). Normally, I just do bronzer on two side of the face from brow to chin to make my face narrower and that's it.
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • ChicDabbler
    • makeupobesessed
Photos2
  • matco01_contour.jpg
  • 269653096408810410_BL4hzbEw_f.jpg